Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anna's UPN Chat

a good role model? try curing cancer or becoming a teacher, don't be a model

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I haven't seen the ANTM contract, but it's very likely that Tyra retains control over her modeling contracts for several years, regardless of where she was eliminated in the competition. Similar to American Idol - if you make the Top 10, you're indebted to 19E for the rest of your life.
    I don't think it's the same for these girls. For one thing, ANTM was not nearly as big as AI. Also, the contestants from the last show were cut loose to do their own thing except for the winner. Shannon was the number two girl and her last achievement was becoming runner up to Miss Ohio. I think they would be grateful if Tyra had gotten them a few jobs. Even the winner didn't automatically walk into a Revlon contract from what I hear, which was the implied 1st prize but somehow didn't materialize. Adrienne did get a contract with the jewelry company that she did the nude photos for, and some other gigs like a spread in Marie Claire. If anyone's heard differently about the Revlon contract, let us know.

You notice this year they are much more clear on what the prize is. I think Tyra learned to get it firmed up before the show aired this time.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    It could be...I'm pretty sure by what some of the other contestant's relatives said that they didn't all stay to the end. The girls that went to Paris all got to stay to the end, and went through the final fashion show so that it wouldn't be spoiled who the last 2 contestants were.
    I get your answer. But why didn't they just all put them in for fun? I mean the people could have easily exploited them since according to Elyse they did not want them to find out who were the remaining people were. It appeared that the real models didn't have to sign a contract.
    I wonder since they already did a Fashion show, if they will do a "real" one this time

I don't know, I mean I don't think she understood the questions, or even what she was talking about half the time.

She obviously doesn't know too much about modeling or fashion because models have always been sticks, even in the 60's and 70's(Twiggy anyone?)

And to be a 'plus size' like someone else on this board said you have to be a size 12, even Anna with her somewhat soft post baby belly, I don't think shes more than a size 8

I think the answers were rigged because

Carmen: Who is your favorite all time Supermodel?
    Anna: Tyra Banks, of course.

That is such a coicidance, the of course part like she couldn't put any other answer

damselmoon: Who's your favorite designer?
    Anna: Dolce and Gabanna.

Guess who modeled for Dolce and Gabanna? Tyra! and this isn't mocking, because Tyra hasn't had a lot of campaigns besides Victoria Secrets, sure shes done editorial and been on covers and so fourth (Maybe she did a make-up add, I wasn't really into fashion at the height of Tyra Banks, I was into Barbies)

Carmen: Anna, do you think models are the same as they were back in the 60's and 70's?
    If not, how are they different?
    Anna: No, I think back then they were a lot thicker. I believe that I may bring that back in style.

Jane magazine . . She doesn't sound or look like a Jane reader. One of the judges was from Jane magazine. Why is Anna lying ? Unless she was paid to say that . ..

censorship- i dont' think jane mag would appreciate it if the show that they are sponsoring had a model that advertised another magazine.

I found it a bit odd that she mentioned Jane. I am a subscriber and love that rag. It has some pretty risque photo shoots and controversial articles. But I think the fashion in the magazine is kinda sloppy compared to Vogue, In Style and W. It is more of an article and lifestyle rag than a fashion rag in my opinion.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12