Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion 1/13 ***SPOILERS

FORT Fan
    I really like the way April looks, but she should have gotten out of the car, ran back upstairs and woken up Jenascia. I'm sure that she was stressed out early in the morning and wasn't thinking clearly, but it will probably come back and bite her in the ass. If both were late, April could simply say that she wanted to make sure that everyone got a fair shake. She screwed that up.

As for the rest, Anna should have had a better excuse. Camille gets excused for her comments when it was only the camera (more educated my ass), but her asking for her coat while waiting at the table was uncalled for. Yoanna doesn't look good normally, but her picture rocked. Jenascia's eyes and mouth are FAR too big. The boob girl shouldn't have gotten the job. And I don't remember who had too many teeth, but DAMN she had too many teeth. Tyra was funny with "teeth" can be fixed.

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    I know someone else said it, and I have to agree - even though someone else said they'd wake me up, if it were my first photoshoot in a model competition, and I knew I was a heavy sleeper, I would darn sure have brought at least 3 alarm clocks, set them all to ring about 5 minutes apart, and gotten myself awake. I know it's easy to play Monday (OK, Wednesday) morning quarterback, but jeez - that killed me!

All the same, I'm glad Jenascia wasn't eliminated yet. I know the "time is money" is important, and I know that most models would have been made aware of the nudity in the session rather than having it sprung on them for "good TV," but after the first season, you have to expect nudity will be a factor at some point. So I can't disagree with the judges decision.

Looking forward to the weeks to come, when I can sort through personalities and figure out who they all are - right now, they're still just a group of freakishly-beautiful women!

I know that this is going to get flamed, but I have a problem with two of the opinions that everyone else seems to share.

1. It is April (and the other girls) fault that Jenascia was late for the photo shoot. Although April did say that she would wake up the other girls, they only had 30 minutes and one shower to get ready. It was hectic, and she missed a girl. Sucks, but it happens. Jenascia is 21 years old, and by the time that I was 21, I figured out how to wake up for important appointment all by myself. Does this girl really need someone to wake her up almost everyday? Does she still live with her mommy who comes on in every morning and shakes her awake with orange juice and breakfest? Come on! Get a life and learn how to be self sufficent! You can tell that this girl has no accountablity for her actions! She sat on TV and blamed all the other girls for her lazy ass not getting out of bed. Sure, it wasn't the nicest thing not to wake her up, but it was not their responsiblity!!! It was hers.

2. Everyone is also asking why Anna went on this show, especially if she watched the last show. Granted, she probably knew that they were going to have some nude shoots, but probably thought that she could do what they offered Shannon and Robin last year, wear something so that it apears that she is nude, but really isn't. There is a big difference between wearing some kinda top that is flesh colored, and wearing paint!! Come on!!! I thought it sucked how they wouldn't compromise at all! Then they yelled at her for being holier then thou!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBravo
    If both were late, April could simply say that she wanted to make sure that everyone got a fair shake. She screwed that up.
    Besides if she went back there and then, woke her up and both of them rushed to the set, they probably would have only been half an hour, maybe an hour late! Hell, it shouldn't even have come to that.
    But I guess this incident proves that these girls are all very selfish. What is so hard about waking somebody up. I see that as 'fair play'. Not saying that Janascia shouldn't be held responsible for her own mistakes, but NOT waking her up on purpose seems very childish to me.

There's so many Shades of Grey concerning Janascia and her tardiness.

1) I hold HER the most accountable. If you know that you're a heavy sleeper, bring an alarm clock...or three. Be an adult. Take responsibility. 'Cause Tyra ain't gonna call your ass outta bed if you win!

2) April. After all of her fawning comments about how she "really owes Janascia", she should have gone back up stairs, woken her up, helped her dress in time, and then they both could have taken a cab together, arriving maybe 30 minutes late, rather than 3 hours. If I had a 'friend' like April, it wouldn't be for long!

3) All the other girls. WTF! Did the room they slept in with Janascia vacuum-seal shut after they woke up, disallowing them to enter once they left? Each one of her roommates had to pass by her sleeping form at least TWICE in the process of getting ready! How hard would it have been to whip the covers off of the girl and say, "Hon, get your ass in gear!" Only if she rolled back to sleep and ignored them, could abandoning her be justified.

This is like 11 people standing around, watching someone bleed to death, and none of them doing anything about it.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

About Anna, at least in Xiomara's picture, she clearly is wearing tangas that are painted over, or something. I would imagine Anna should have been allowed a similar treatment. I did not see the show, I just have been reading about what happened. She did seem a little holier-than-thou in her response to "judges", it is quite possible she ruined her chances whatever little she had with that "christ-like" comment.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Okay, is it just me or was anyone else in this thread afraid that we had our first reality tv death last night? There are 11 girls scrambling around trying to get ready and this does not wake you up? There is a telephone ringing incessantly in the background and this doesn't wake you up? I've slept through my alarm a few times, however, it's because I had a hard time falling asleep the night before and basically finally fell asleep just before the alarm went off and missed it. That's my excuse for her because I like her.

I don't think she has "bug eyes" and shame on whoever had the audacity to compare her to Toni from PH. NOBODY is like her! She is an island unto herself! I like the exotic look of Janascia, but alas, I fear that her height is going to be her downfall because they are looking for a good "all-around" model and as beautiful as she is, she's just doesn't have it.

I'm on the fence as to who I believe does at this point, but I definitely hope they can Camille soon. As beautiful as she may be, her personality detracts from it and makes her butt ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    This is like 11 people standing around, watching someone bleed to death, and none of them doing anything about it.
    My thoughts exactly... And note that NONE of them even bothered to try and call the apartment (via cell phone or whatever).

[QUOTE=mariagoner]And how the hell can an aspiring model not be accustomed to nudity? Even if a model herself doesn't do nude shoots, she will be stripped naked and seen by dozens of people backstage in all her photo shoots and runway shows.

ITA, Mariagoner. Did she think she was going to be modeling for the Sears catalog or something?

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Okay, is it just me or was anyone else in this thread afraid that we had our first reality tv death last night? There are 11 girls scrambling around trying to get ready and this does not wake you up? There is a telephone ringing incessantly in the background and this doesn't wake you up? I've slept through my alarm a few times, however, it's because I had a hard time falling asleep the night before and basically finally fell asleep just before the alarm went off and missed it. That's my excuse for her because I like her.
    I am still confused as to why it was everyone else's responisablity to wake her up. Maybe they did try. I have several friends who I would try to wake up, and they would respond and go right back to sleep w/out remembering to wake up. Chances are, the girls did something like yell out "Janescia, wake up" and she moaned, or rolled over, and they went on with their business... cause it was not their responsiability!!! She is not in kindergarden, so she should be able to get her own lazy ass out of bed!!
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie