Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The theme song? It's Tyra, of course

FORT Newbie
    Tyra was on TRL in November and said her album was going to be Sade-like...I think. But with Darkchild as her producer, I'm expecting it to be another metal crunching R&B track. Still looking forward to it though.

Your wish has been granted (im sure)

Tyra is coming out with a CD this summer, which is dumb.

Yes that would be cool for Adrianne, but I don't think she would want to.

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar
    Here's a little bit more about the show from another thread......

Quote Originally Posted by John

AMERICAíS NEXT TOP MODEL, UPNís hit dramality series featuring world-renowned supermodel Tyra Banks, returns for a second cycle of 10 episodes with an all new group of women fiercely competing for their chance at a grand prize package that includes a modeling contract, on Tuesday, Jan. 13 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN.

The first cycle of AMERICAíS NEXT TOP MODEL was UPNís highest-rated program last season among all adult women. Created by world-renowned supermodel Tyra Banks, who executive produces the series with Ken Mok ("Making the Band"), the show exposes the transformation of everyday young women into potentially fierce top models, who live together in a New York loft and vie for the grand prize. Cameras catch each moment as participants face weekly tests that determine who makes the cut. With mentoring by supermodel Tyra Banks and exposure to high-profile fashion industry gurus, the finalists compete in a highly accelerated modeling boot camp -- a crash course to top model fame.

Banks began her modeling career as a teenager and has evolved into a world-renowned supermodel who has become a pioneer in the industry. She was the first African-American woman to grace the covers of GQ Magazine, Sports Illustratedís swimsuit issue and Victoriaís Secret Catalog. In 1997, she received the prestigious Michael Award for Supermodel of the Year. She later secured an exclusive contract with Victoriaís Secret, among others.
    Hey, did you guys know that Tyra Banks is a WORLD REKNOWNED SUPERMODEL? That is news to me! Wow! How cool is that!?!

It's so nice that she can find time between putting together her new album, modeling for Victoria's Secret (The Granny Version) and being a superstar to come down and host the show. She is such a generous person!!!

I love sarcasm.

FORT Fogey
    I don't get UPN here in Canada, but I watched a (very) little bit of the show which was broadcast on the Canadian Life channel, and I have to say that to me, Tyra Banks is ugly, and so were a lot of the models when they were done with them. Maybe I hate the supermodel look. I prefer the natural look, and I think Tyra looks very beautiful when she is not covered with who knows how much makeup.

Who other "supermodel" coud host the show....maybe Heidi Klum, or not ... Making a cd is stupid, though....

I give Tyra credit for thinking about her future and trying to find creative ways to build her influence outside of just being an underwear model. I am very glad she came up with this show instead of putting out another blah exercise video like other supermodels who have "made it."

Some of you said she dominated the episodes and that surprised me. I guess I never questioned that since it was her concept that she could be in the show as much as she wanted. I thought it was interesting that she was so conflicted in her role as a mentor as well as judge. She seemed to want to challenge the women and show them what the modeling world is like while at the same time she seemed to resent the contestants a little for having her show be a quick and easy way to gain exposure. She was sympathetic to their concerns but at the same time she talked about her own background in Paris and it sounded like a hard, lonely time for her. They tried to recreate it artificially by cramming them into a smaller and smaller apartment, but I think Tyra remained resentful of the girls for not appreciating the opportunity more. And yet, I also felt like she really cared about some of them.

Just from what she said of her background on the show, I'm not surprised that she is pushing every aspect of her success to its utmost limit. So while I personally could care less if she cut a CD, as long as she keeps making this show I don't mind her making a few bucks out of it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I also don't mind that she's making money off of this show, or that she's "dominating the episodes". If it wasn't for her, this show wouldn't exist anyway, so I'd rather have more Tyra than no show at all. Although I DO agree that she seems to have a pretty big ego, but then.... what would you expect from a WORLD REKNOWNED SUPERMODEL?

Great analysis hepcat! I too felt that Tyra was extremely egotistical in the first season...culminating when she took pictures of all the girls in Paris because she's such a great photographer as well as everything else. Pfft!

However, looking at it from the perspective that she is conflicted makes a lot more sense. Rather than showing off, maybe Tyra is just reaffirming her own, well-earned talents while trying to help these girls along. This is probably also enforced because Tyra, although she still looks great, is getting "older". She's lookng at her cast who have their whole careers in front of them while she is alrady reminiscing about hers - that can't be easy.

Also, looking at that freaky 80s supermodel judge can't be doing Tyra any good. I'd be scared!

The CD is still pretty lame though...
    Last edited by Wilde; 01-02-2004 at 09:52 AM.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Eh, I'll wait for the actual show to come on, so I can hear the song. Who knows? The song might actually be catchy, and Tyra might be able to add "competant vocalist" to her list of talents.

Yeah i kind of want to get the song. I mean her song in Life Size is pretty catchy. Funny but catchy. and i kind of want to put it on my site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast