Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not so excited anymore...sniff!

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar

Not so excited anymore...sniff!

Supermodel Tyra Banks welcomes 12 aspiring models to New York City by uncorking a breathtaking surprise right from the get-go that immediately sends the competition into full throttle.

The stress overwhelms one model, who screws up in the first ten minutes. One model is abandoned by the others, and controversy surrounds another competitor, who is forced off the set of a provocative nude photo shoot. One of the 12 models is eliminated.

Okay, I don't know about you guys, but I watched ANTM #1 RELIGIOUSLY and I was a reality TV virgin at the time (don't get me started about Average Joe #1). I was really excited about ANTM #2, but looking at this motley crew, I'm not so psyched anymore. Is anyone feeling disappointed by ANTM #2's crop of not-so-lovelies ?

FORT Newbie

Is it just me???

or shouldn't this show be called "Average Jane"?? Most of the girls from last season were goodlooking. This season there is one, maybe two that come close.

I'm just excited that it's coming back. I think Tyra's team will clean these girls up. And I'm very grateful to John for posting these pics. Got me all revved up for the show.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

don't let pictures fool you, some of those pics are obviously just bad

wait for the show to start

the only ugly person that you should worry about is that old school supermodel judge ewww she got on my nerves

Hang in there Velveteen! I'm guessing they were trying to start with raw material this time instead of people who have modeled a little bit. I agree these photos are underwhelming, but maybe they wanted to start them out rough.

One thing I will say about this group is that couldn't have found a bigger crop of unusual names.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Hang in there Velveteen! I'm guessing they were trying to start with raw material this time instead of people who have modeled a little bit. I agree these photos are underwhelming, but maybe they wanted to start them out rough.

One thing I will say about this group is that couldn't have found a bigger crop of unusual names.
    I am aslo assuming that they too a group of girls who never modeled before, and stuck them in front of a camera and said, look sexy. I think that is why the photos look so odd
    Reality TV

1. America's Top Model: Eva
    2. The Apprentice: Andy
    3. Survivor: Julie

I am still reviewing the bios but so far they seem to be modeled after Adrianne in terms of more waitress tomboy type instead of Elyse types.

Overall I did not think Adrianne was an exceptionally beautiful woman. She also was very crude and rough around the edges.

adrienne had that dead/pale look that they like

she looked zombieish at times but was still "pretty"

I got the impression during America's Next Top Model that Tyra was picking women that had the personalities to make watching the series interesting and a hit. I did not think that she was necessarily trying to find women that would give her and the other top models real competition for the top modeling jobs. I don't think Tyra is grooming anyone to replace her and Heidi Klum.

Tyra even said during an interview during the first series that she turned down alot of really beautiful women because they did not have the right personalities for the series.

I don't know what the "right" personality would be but they definitely kept Robyn around a long time and there was no earthly reason to keep her longer than Kesse - except for good TV.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast