Page 75 of 84 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081828384 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte

Watching the reruns of Cycle 2 on VH1 tonight, and Cycle 2 was without question one of the best cycles yet... Cycle 3 was pretty good too... Now it unfortunately seems to be more about the entertainment aspect rather than the modeling, with ridiculous photo shoots, crazy tests, and crappy runway finales... too bad. Seriously, Dsquared is the highest profile finale that they have ever landed, I had never even heard of the people that designed the wedding dresses this year... This show is spiraling out of control and needs to get back to the modelling, and the fashion, and stop trying to create something for drama
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2178606;
    Watching the reruns of Cycle 2 on VH1 tonight, and Cycle 2 was without question one of the best cycles yet... Cycle 3 was pretty good too... Now it unfortunately seems to be more about the entertainment aspect rather than the modeling, with ridiculous photo shoots, crazy tests, and crappy runway finales... too bad. Seriously, Dsquared is the highest profile finale that they have ever landed, I had never even heard of the people that designed the wedding dresses this year... This show is spiraling out of control and needs to get back to the modelling, and the fashion, and stop trying to create something for drama
    About the fashion show. Those designers Victorio & Lucchino are very important in the industry indeed and world-wide known. I have a friend who apart from being a designer is a full time fashionista and knows every single designer, every single model, and has watched every single runway that was made in this world, told me that those designers tend to do preety freaky things like that for they shows, and that that show could have perfectly been a real show. So, i guess they scored this year.

Damn it, if they only had a real public, important people with real sense of fashion, and not those anybody's from the street, that laughed their hearts out when Mrs. J, came out. Come on.
    bring janice back. now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2178606;
    Amen, you're rigth. That runway was perfect, it didnt look like a reality TV show, it looked perfect and it was real. Tyra needs to calm down, take a breath, see the cycle 2, and copy it !!!!! DSQUARED !.
    Last edited by Kahlen_rocks; 12-15-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

Yea, Mercedes had the fiercest runway walk!

Mercedes photo in new Bell South ad.
    I love Top model and I love life.
    http://tsparkles.kk5.org/ my friend

Victorio & Lucchino may be important in the fashion industry, but they are not as high profile as Dsquared... at least that is my opinion, every fashionista, and gay boy knows of dsquared, they are amazing... Victor and Lucchino may indeed be great designers, but they are not nearly as well known... In any event, the finale was cheesy, and crap this seaon, Season 2 got it completely right, and Mercedes and Yoanna both worked the hell out of it... Actually, the last several finale's have been pretty ridiculous.. The one with Nicole and Nik was completely annoying, and last year's was pretty stupid too... I prefer a REAL fashion show
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

I didnt know who the heck were victorio and lucchino either. They just need to do a real fashion shows, like cycle 2. When i was watching this cycle runway, independiently of the disegners, it just made me laugh, i mean it was ridiculous, ms.jay ????, acting features ?, the ugliest make up in the world, both girls walk, the runway itself, it was just BAD.
    Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient
    dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaurs family ,

=== Jade, Cycle 6===

Dsquared wasn't that big though during that time. They didn't get big until later on so technically they weren't high profile at the time. That runway was HOT though, best runway ever. Cycle 2 seemed very high in production quality.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMADDICT99;2184993;
    That runway was HOT though, best runway ever. Cycle 2 seemed very high in production quality.
    Yeah, when Tyra decided to do a high fashion cycle. After that it just went downwards. I wonder C8 will end up

not to turn the thread off of mercedes too much, but during cycle 2 dsquared had already had fans in J-LO, and Christina Aguilera, so they were pretty big, my friends and I had all already heard of them, and everyone knew that Mercedes would rock that runway, she was PERFECT for them... Yoanna wasn't really a good fit, although I think she was the right winner, and looked gorgeous on the runway as well