Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte

aww i like her, shes sweet ...its hard to believe she was at one time, "the rudest girl ever"

Reality/True Crime Junkie Cantgetenuff's Avatar
    Mercedes has been my favorite since the beginning. I don't know if she'll win, (everyone one is swooning over YoYo's bone structure) but if you put Mercedes and Yoohoo in a room of regular folks, Mercedes would definitely come across as more down to earth, friendly and naturally pretty.
    I have a chronic illness too and know how stress can affect your system... Good luck Mercedes!
    I want my Reality T.V.!

Cantgetenuff! Sorry about your chronic illness, but hearing about how people like you & Mercedes overcome your problems is an inspiration.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fanatic
    I was glad Mercedes finally spoke out about her condition. I've had rheumatoid arthritis (same family of diseases) since my 20's and have always been open with people about it. IT definitely has had an influence on the person I've become and isn't something I could have easily kept secret. I like Mercedes, but I was afraid that she might be ashamed of having the disease. BY the way, It isn't as rare as you might think. I live in a relatively small town and I know quite a few people who have lupus. The prognosis now is so much better than it used to be. One of the standard drugs used to treat it though is prednisone, and this is a drug which has many nasty potential side effects (ie: hair loss, weight gain, buffalo hump on neck, diabetes, mood swings to name a few). Most people who are on it also take soemthign to protect their stomach. Another drug she might be on is methotrexate - a chemo drug. It too can cause hair loss (though the body can acclimatize - mine has) and fatigue. Typically it is only taken once a week. Fatigue is a major component of the disease and will make it tough for her to be jet-setting around the world.

I was shocked when Janice just blabbed out everyone's secrets to the whole group. Yeah, they knew that the interviews would be aired on TV eventually, but did they know that telling Janice = telling the whole group?

I thought that was rude. I didn't hear the girls say anything about "please don't tell anyone", or "I'm trying to win without leaning on the sad story", but still.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

mercedes is such a sweetheart! you can't help but just smile watching her- i think she's just a bundle of joy. she photographs really nice too, still one of my top 3 contenders

it was so inspirational when she finally told janice about her lupus.

shes top 3 on mine too

Mercedes seems really cool and everything, but I dunno. She seems to kiddie and I'm surprised that hasn't been bought up yet especially with the judges being all "teen" with Heather.

Like when Mercedes did her futuristic makeup, that's something my 6 year old nephew would probably do to his face if you gave him paints! And when Tyra told her they were making her hair "animalistic" she did some weird hands up, paw shape roar position. :\

She's just way too young looking and acting for modeling.

she does seem liek she could do a commercial for noxema- however, heather seemed liek she just popped out of the disney channel. mercedes can look more mature- check out her celeb look alike shot- that one is beautiful