Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_star
    I worry a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,, about her disease that we saw on the preview... she was taking many pills, and crying on the phone, saying "it is coming out a lot, I'm so scared.."......... I really worry about that,,,, I hope she is ok, and feel better soon...
    Awww nooo! Mercedes is great.
    <33 Mollz

I too was worried when I saw the preview. I have grown to like Mercedes more and more each episode. After the make-over she looks GREAT. But I try not to let the previews influence or affect me too much. They are notorious to over-dramatizing things!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

I just finished watching Episode 4 and I just want to say that my prayers are with you Mercedes... take care of yourself and be strong.

mercedes is great. she always seems to be in a good mood (which is more than i can say for some of the other contestants). i don't know exactly what lupus is but i hope her condition improves soon.
    "i am myself, like you somehow"

-eddie vedder

Her latest photo really moved me. She seems to be one of the few girls that knows how to work the camera really well. She would change soething very subtle and minor about her facial expression or her movement, but it would translate into a different mood/tone compared to the last pose. Her photo was m favorite this time around.

Mercedes has become my favorite. Not only is she beautiful, but seems to be a sweet person. I am so tired of the attitudes of people like Camille, Catie, etc. etc. etc.

Hopefully Mercedes' health keeps up and she'll be able to stay in the competition. It sounds like the judges like her a lot.

Her photo shoot this week was by far the best in my opinion. I just hope her illness doesn't hurt her chances, as we got a glimse of in the previews.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Newbie

my very first post ever!!!

hello! i am a huge fan of america's next top model, i watched every episode of the first one but can almost never watch it now because i have class at night. i'm thinking about working on a paper about reality tv using antm as a sort of case study, if anybody has any ideas...

anyway, what prompted me to post was when i realized that mercedes has lupus. my aunt has had lupus since forever, so i thought maybe i could write a bit about it? i know it's not a very well known disease, and i don't know how much they talked about it on the show, but it is really quite serious. there isn't any cure, and it kinda goes back and forth over your lifetime. you could be doing really great, and then you could be doing really badly. what it is is when your body's natural defenses (your immune system) start getting attacked by rogue cells. it's usually described as your body attacking itself. they still don't know alot about what causes it, and there's little in terms of treatment options. the symptoms range dramatically, from rashes to joint pain (as in, you can't move at all for days or weeks kind of joint pain) to kidney failure to heart disease. my aunt was really bad a couple of years ago, and could barely move without intense pain. you need heavy-duty painkillers just to get dressed. anyway, this is just fer your info, i don't mean to be all depressing...

i love mercedes tho, and while i do hope she wins, i hope she finds some other career (because waitressing won't be any good for her if she gets sick) that she loves as much, in case something does happen...maybe she could write the tell-all book about antm 2? heehee...

Charlottebug, and thanks for all that information on lupus. I don't know very much about lupus at all, and your post has helped me to understand Mercedes' condition much better. Hope your aunt is doing fine!

Mercedes' story really touched me last night. I think her show of stoicism and strength in the midst of unfortunate circumstances really brought the show to another level. It's one thing to watch the show and have a laugh over catfights and diva behavior, but quite another thing to really see another person's vulnerability and pain. I admire her determination in pursuing her dreams, what an inspiring story.

Her Billie Holliday picture was gorgeous, my favorite from the celeb shoot this week!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Mercedes' story really touched me last night. I think her show of stoicism and strength in the midst of unfortunate circumstances really brought the show to another level. It's one thing to watch the show and have a laugh over catfights and diva behavior, but quite another thing to really see another person's vulnerability and pain. I admire her determination in pursuing her dreams, what an inspiring story.
    Amen to that.
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)