Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte

If you're capable, I don't think that should make you appear older, but more mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    If you're capable, I don't think that should make you appear older, but more mature.
    I'll have to agree Froste.

Now back to Mercedes ... IMHO Mercedes can learn haute couture but how can she be motivated with the judges' comme ci comme ca comments and them all about Shandi Shandi Shandi ?? Oh wow it just dawned on me. That's A TEST for Mercedes: To see if she needs hand-holding and if her "fire within" (quoting Tyra) can burn into the photos even amidst the judges going Shandi Shandi Shandi. Mercedes' fire was absent in Verona

the judges seem like they're zeroing in on the girls' weaknesses in order to make them stronger. it's fair but i feel sorry for mercedes because it can lead to health complications

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    Litlecat: What do you think of Omayhra Mota?
    first off, I love that name, its so beautiful! I think she's amazing, great features and face, very exotic look. She reminds me just the tiniest of a young janice dickinson, not that they look a like, but that they share a "look," if you know what i mean.

I think part of the appeal of the show is the whole cinderella story of it, and the final four definitely fit the role, although some more dramatically than others. Yoanna with her weight loss to top model, April with her business/corporate existence to glamorous model and the 2 with the most romance: Mercedes with a chronic illness, full of spirit and beauty, conquers the odds to become top model and of course, SHANDI! i am pretty sure that if you look up cinderella in the dictionary, you will see shandi's picture there!

any how given that criteria, i see mercedes and shandi having the edge

I'll have to agree Froste.

Now back to Mercedes ... IMHO Mercedes can learn haute couture but how can she be motivated with the judges' comme ci comme ca comments and them all about Shandi Shandi Shandi ?? Oh wow it just dawned on me. That's A TEST for Mercedes: To see if she needs hand-holding and if her "fire within" (quoting Tyra) can burn into the photos even amidst the judges going Shandi Shandi Shandi. Mercedes' fire was absent in Verona

the judges seem like they're zeroing in on the girls' weaknesses in order to make them stronger. it's fair but i feel sorry for mercedes because it can lead to health complications

Quote Originally Posted by littlecat
    She reminds me just the tiniest of a young janice dickinson, not that they look a like, but that they share a "look," if you know what i mean.
    Yeah I know what you're getting at, that 'look', a certain persona. Sandra Bernhard has something like it too. It's like Look, this is me and this is how my face looks and I LOVE it

My predictions for Mercedes and the other 3 girls:

Winner - Shandi
    2 - April
    3 - Mercedes
    4 - Yoanna

i think you're right! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but if you look at the opening credits, those 4 have their beauty shots up.

i am curious to see next week, because part of my thinks april could be eliminated early, in a BIG upset, because she isn't really loosening up, whereas the other girls keep changing as encouraged.
    My predictions for Mercedes and the other 3 girls:

Winner - Shandi
    2 - April
    3 - Mercedes
    4 - Yoanna

i think she's very similar to veronica webb- very nice beautiful looking girl.

from Janice D's transcript about Mercedes

If I had any annoyances to voice, this would be the one, and I'm not pessimistic. I was bothered that the girls seem to have me figured out, and that annoys me because no one can figure me out. When I asked my questions to the girls ... the girl I was plugging for was a girl who spoke from her heart, not the most commercial, had a terminal disease, and was fighting against all odds to become a model and for her life.

"not the most commercial." VERY INTERESTING

I Stand Behind Mercedes, Who's With Me?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Ive read some of your posts regarding mercedes and you all say the same thing "she doesnt have what it takes to win" "SHE'S TOO CUTE".........BLAAAAH!! I think of the final four mercedes is the most beautiful (anyone else agree?) and no, she's not too cute. Pop the models in a swimsuit and i'd bet you Mercedes would have the hottest bod of the final four. Do me a favor and look at mercedes solstice picture and look how tall she looks and how beautiful her body is, she's a knockout! And whats wrong with being cute?!?!? I think mercedes should win this competition (well actually i hope april wins cus i think asian women are the most beautiful women) but i hope she makes the final 2 and has a very succesful career as a TOP model.