Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes Scelba-Shorte

What Would Janice Do? littlecat's Avatar
    It's definitely possible that she is feeling the pressure, but honestly, i think she has a great portfolio on the show and i think that the whole high fashion thing could be learned. i look at april and yoanna, who are beautiful strong women, and next to shandi and mercedes they look old. i really see shandi and mercedes as being the strongest of 4 very strong candidates

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    Littlecat Do you agree that earlier, Mercedes was really workin' that camera and now that's diminished, kind of? Why do you think that is?

Quote Originally Posted by littlecat
    I am not sure that i know what the judges are talking about when they say she is too commercial
    My guess as to what they're thinking is: young face, pretty, safe, easy to pair with a product

Mercedes is not Omayhra Mota --in other words Mercedes does not have a haute couture look that will intrigue people and make them talk. y'know, the word they keep using, edgey

i look at april and yoanna, who are beautiful strong women, and next to shandi and mercedes they look old.
    I don't think April looks old. Yoanna yes, April no. With the comment about you can learn haute couture, I would agree with that

gee, it seems like mercedes doesn't generate many postings

did you think mercedes was really in danger the last episode? i think the judges are more consistently critical of april and yoanna; april for being too technical (which i am starting to see) and yoanna for the face vs. body thing. and when it comes to style, i think mercedes is much stronger than april (although i think yoanna, shandi and mercedes are pretty evenly matched).

in terms of mercedes' edge, i think its inherit in her latin looks, she doesn't look like the typical model (and this is true with April as well)

I don't think April looks old. Yoanna yes, April no. With the comment about you can learn haute couture, I would agree with that
    i think the thing wiith april is that hands down, she's the most capable person on that show, that makes her seem a little bit older than the others.

did you think mercedes was really in danger the last episode?
    Not really. her being in the bottom 2 w/ camille seemed more for drama

Litlecat: What do you think of Omayhra Mota?

Martini, is she your favorite?
    Personality wise, Mercedes is my favorite. I've known people with lupus and am quite familiar with the effects of it so I have a huge amount of sympathy for Mercedes.

Looks wise, I change my mind every week! I'm not sure who I would pick.
    Shaken, not stirred.

Little cat are you out there?