Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Camille McDonald

FORT Newbie

I like Camille

I think Camille will do well, even if she gets voted off. I think that her confidence is very good. She will need to have an attitude like that. In the modeling world, most of the top models have a real strong attitude, heck Tyra herself (so I've heard), is just like Camille in real life, off of the cameras. I don't agree, necessarily with always having excuses after someone critics you, I believe that may hurt her in the long run. but we also have to realize that we are not seeing the whole picture. I'm sure some of the other cast members had their moments as well, its just that, the editors are going to portray certain characteristics to make the show, I know that part for a fact! But I wish Camille the best!

I think the order will be for next vote off:

1. Sara
    2.Camille (unfortunately, b/c I don't think they will let her win, regardless of her attitude)
    3. Mercedes
    4.April
    5. Yoanna and Shandi with Shandi winning

or 4) Yoanna and 5) April and Shandi

If anyone knows Camille personally, let me know.

what was she thinking when she decided to add her own lines to the script? gosh, i can't stand her!! the actor guy seemed pretty pissed.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ttee
    In the modeling world, most of the top models have a real strong attitude, heck Tyra herself (so I've heard), is just like Camille in real life, off of the cameras.
    Are you sure you aren't confusing Tyra with Naomi Campbell? I have never heard anything about Tyra being a diva nor do I see it in her. Naomi on the other hand...she's known for having a diva, bitchy attitude and THEN some...
    Last edited by lisaree; 02-20-2004 at 03:45 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaree
    Are you sure you aren't confusing Tyra with Naomi Campbell? I have never heard anything about Tyra being a diva nor do I see it in her. Naomi on the other hand...she's known for having a diva, bitchy attitude and THEN some...
    Hi Lisaree,
    Yeah you're right Tyra isn't a diva to me. She has received much success though. But as far as her having the attitude like one , YES. Friends of mine have had the opportunity to meet her in person a few times, and "they say", she is real "stuck up" and has real attitude. But thats hear say....but I do believe them. And yeah, you're dead on about Naomi too.

Kao
    I don't believe it either. I can believe someone met Tyra on one of her "off" days and thinking "Oh, she is stuck up" because that's how they expected her to be. As for Naomi, any time your agency sends a fax around the world stating that they will no longer be representing her and those who have ever worked for her would understand, well, there's a problem. As well as the fact that certain major designers will not have her in their shows, no matter what. But Lord, that woman can WALK!!!

Have you ever wondered if Camille is mentally ill?

Ok... I know there must be some psychiatrists or psychologists who are part of FORT and who have seen ANTM.

What is wrong with Camille? She is delusional to the point were I wonder if she should be medicated. It's as if other people tell her things and they don't even register in her head unless she wants to hear them.

My other thought was that this is all an elaborate charade to get herself more air-time.

Any professional opinions out there?

hm... not a professional opinion. Just an opinion. I do not think Camille has any mental issues. She is just rejecting any negative things to keep her happy. She is very sub-conscious about herself. and wraps that well and hides it. She doesn't want to be embarrassed on TV. So, she may have played a role to be a tough girl.
    She takes that "be unique" advice and puts it in ALL the wrong places. Thats all

not afraid to frolic
    This is third hand but- I know someone who knows someone who is in pretty regular contact with Tyra- says she's actually pretty sweet, driven yes, bitchy, no.

I think that Camille is really quiet. When I think back on the episodes, I have yet to see her be super bitchy to any of the girls...there is the exception of when she was talking behind Yoanna's back in the second episode...and even when they had the house meeting and everyone was dissing her, she just kinda sat there. I would have been super pissed. And also when they were doing that list of personalites/qualities and her's were horrible...she seemed a little miffed but didn't really do anything. She almost seems to be ignoring the girls but with the judges, she does not seem to take criticism well. I don't think many people take criticism well. I don't think she understands that that is what the show is all about-trying to make them a top model.

But I have to admit, when she was doing the "sexy" line in front of the judges, I just cracked up when she did he runway walk at the end...and the judges reactions...too funny!

Kao
    One of the good things about Camille is her confidence. Modeling is all about rejection at times and it helps to have models who realize that it's a job like any other (okay, more chic and high-paying than a lot of jobs) and won't be in bed for days at a time crying "Oh, they didn't pick me!" I wish she could team that confidence with being able to take criticism and knowing when to be flexable. Based on her past few shows, if I were a client I would be very reluctant to hire her for a job just because I would feel that she would have problems taking my direction and doing things that I might not want her to do in the shoot, which would cost me time and money.