Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anna Bradfield

FORT Newbie
    I admire Anna for standing up for her convictions. I didn't see this show last year, and do not plan on watching again. I thought "ambush tv " went out of style with Jenny Jones. Its a shame the producers didn't have the courage to tell Anna she would have to pose naked in this seemingly legitimate modeling contest. This should have been explained during casting, and I believe it would not have got this far. I was dissapointed in the one judge who dropprd her head to the table when Anna stated her religious faith was the reason for her refusal.

I like the fact they put the nude shoot as the first assignment, last year they waited too long. I feel as though I need to point out that last season they waited til the last four to do it, Robyn and dang I can't remember her name, decided not to do it. And the girl who's name I can not remember made to the final two so it only proves that the nude shoot won't necessaily make or break you.

I hope that made some sense...lol

Quote Originally Posted by robbied
    I admire Anna for standing up for her convictions. I didn't see this show last year, and do not plan on watching again. I thought "ambush tv " went out of style with Jenny Jones. Its a shame the producers didn't have the courage to tell Anna she would have to pose naked in this seemingly legitimate modeling contest. This should have been explained during casting, and I believe it would not have got this far. I was dissapointed in the one judge who dropprd her head to the table when Anna stated her religious faith was the reason for her refusal.

um .. I don't think so. She did not stand up to her convictions. She made a very lame statement. She didn't express anything. The judges asked her "WHY" and all she could come up with was one line " My body is for blah blah" (i don't remember all, i zoned out). Anyway, she sounded stupid because she came on UPN 9 news in new york and started to bash on Jenscia. How godly is that? If she believed in "GOD" she wouldn't need talk bad about a person thats not there to defend themselves. And, she was very average looking. She should model for SEARS and WAL-MART. Plus, she sounded ghetto. Anyway, "THANK GOD" they booted her.

TV Guide interview

A brief, but interesting, interview with Anna in today's TV Guide online's Insider...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/insider/040115a.asp
    Top Model's Nude Attitude
    by Daniel R. Coleridge

This week, Season 2 of America's Next Top Model debuted. Anna Bradfield, 24 — a prim, religious housewife from Georgia — declined to strip naked for the Garden of Eden photo shoot. Predictably, Tyra Banks & Co. felt obliged to boot her first. After all, there's no room for modesty and politeness on Top Model (or anywhere on UPN, where the show airs Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET). Here, TV Guide Online asks Anna how her brief stint in supermodeling went so wrong.

TV Guide Online: If you don't like to show your body, why do this modeling contest?
    Anna: I knew that I may be required to do that. I was hoping it wasn't that way, but came to find out it was. I didn't want to compromise my integrity by doing a nude body painting photo shoot.

TVGO: Hadn't you seen the first Top Model? They were pretty risqué.
    Anna: Yes, I saw it. Lingerie and swimsuits were as far as I was gonna go.

TVGO: Why is it so bad to be naked under body paint?
    Anna: I know that my nude body would've been shown to millions. On TV, you could see the roundness of the breasts and the behind. I need some coverage there! I really believe that if I would've done that, my intimacy with my husband would not have been special anymore.

TVGO: Are you religious?
    Anna: No, I'm not religious. Like I told Janice, I just try to be Christ-like.

TVGO: That sounds pretty religious to me!
    Anna: It's more about having a relationship with Christ in spirit than being religious.

TVGO: When you say "Christ-like," I get that you just mean embodying certain values, rather than trying to be Jesus. But that phrase confuses some people. Outspoken Christians don't come off looking too well on this show, do they?
    Anna: Hopefully, Robin [from last season] has changed, but nobody's perfect. But that's who she is. That's just her. I wouldn't be like that. I didn't condemn anybody else for doing the nude photo shoot. At all times, I just want to act in love. I go to a non-denominational church, and we just believe in being Christ-like, which means making a positive impact on people and spreading God's Word throughout the world.

TVGO: That's sweet. You're my favorite Top Model now. But Jenascia's bad attitude was fun. Did somebody really turn off her alarm clock to make her late for the photo shoot?
    Anna: Well, I really don't know. I wasn't staying in her room, or I would've shaken her awake myself. I don't know why the other girls didn't wake up Jenascia. I guess they maybe felt threatened by her.

TVGO: Did that nasty judge Janice test your Christian tolerance?
    Anna: [Laughs] Janice has a really strong personality and a really strong choice of words. She's been through a lot, and that's probably why she is who she is now.

TVGO: Why did Tyra classify you as a "plus-size" model? Nobody looked very full-figured on the show.
    Anna: I'm 5-foot-8 and 130 pounds. With those stats, in the modeling world, you are considered plus-sized. I think curves are coming back in. I would like to help bring about change. Plus-sized women could be on the runways of Victoria's Secret one day! I will definitely still pursue my dream to be a model.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

melpepinla: Thanks so much for posting this!

Prim!<<great word that I wish I would have used to describe her!! K-Mart, get that Blue Light ready!

I have to say, they asked the tough questions that we've been asking on the board:

1) Didn't you see the first show?
    2) Didn't you know about the nudity?
    3) And what in the Ding-dang doodles is Christ-like???

Well, Anna and her coochie can take it on back home, to her hubby and kid. Bet she'll be pumping out another one within the year.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Kao
    I respect her views, but it's pity that she wouldn't do it. She could have shown the world that just because you're a housewife and mother doesn't mean that you can't be sexy as well. The naughty bits would have been covered up, and to the men doing the paint job she's just a mannikin to them; a surface to paint. And her costume suited her so well, too....*sigh*

I read the TV guide interview (thanks for that post) despite what she said I wonder if she was sitting at home last night watching the episode thinking "Damn, I should have done the photo shoot!"

Although she was insulted when they asked her leave when she refused to do the shoot, I can totally understand why from the photographers point of view. He didn't need her there influencing other girls who may be nervous about doing it like what happened last year with Robin and Shannon.

I was sorry she didn't do it cause I think she is so pretty. I would have liked to see her go further. It's too bad.

Bethany has the same stats as Anna (5'8" and 130) and she's not labeled "plus sized." What's that about?

FORT Fan
    Anna had a bit of an attitude there when Nigel was trying to persuade her to do the shoot. It's like who's doing who the favor?

And why didn't she just say "Yes, it's my religion" and leave it at that? The whole "christlike" argument was unreal.

It was like out of a sitcom. When one character's like, "You're so self-centered," and the other says, "I'm not self-centered. I'm just more important than other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Pinky Tuscadero
    Bethany has the same stats as Anna (5'8" and 130) and she's not labeled "plus sized." What's that about?
    Because all of Bethany's weight is in her boobs.

FORT Newbie

Glad my daughter is too young.

I have to say that as much as I love seeing the nude female form. I am glad my daughter is too young to watch this show and learn that the only way to be a top model is to cave in to pressure and go nude. I am sure there are famous models out there that don't do nudity. Women have come a long ways. Now women like Tyra can exploit other women.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast