Page 53 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: April Wilkner

Yeah, Shandi and her boy are affectionate. There is this picture of them with him holding onto her boob XD

I would love to see April's boyfriend! I also see her with a white boy who is businesslike, maybe even older.

We're all probably wrong though LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Hi, Martini!

Your husband's right . . . If I remember correctly, I recall seeing Tyra on somebody's talk show saying how she didn't allow photographs to be taken of her from the back, because of the cellulite on her thighs and rear.

And the boobs? Well, you'd have to be stone cold blind to miss 'em!
    I don't think anybody'll be holding any telethons to get her implants any time soon!
    Hey Ness

Here's the thing with Tyra though... her bigger size is GORGEOUS. I think she looks simply amazing. It's a shame she isn't promoting that concept of how different looks can work. Maybe because the bs she got from Janice about Robin.

I like how April's athletic shape differs from Shandi's (at this point I'm lumping Shandi with the coat-hangar bodies of runway models). It would be nice to see more of that.
    Shaken, not stirred.

I think Tyra, in fairness, has tried to "promote" different body types, plus size ( Robin last season ) shorter ( Jenascia this season ), Yoanna, not traditionally willowy, but the judges never go for them, so I don't get the point, unless Tyra is hyper-sensitive to any criticism of promoting unhealthy body types. The camera adds 15 lbs. Maybe some season she should have a Who will Be America's next plus size model.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I think Tyra, in fairness, has tried to "promote" different body types, plus size ( Robin last season ) shorter ( Jenascia this season ), Yoanna, not traditionally willowy, but the judges never go for them, so I don't get the point, unless Tyra is hyper-sensitive to any criticism of promoting unhealthy body types. The camera adds 15 lbs. Maybe some season she should have a Who will Be America's next plus size model.
    Yep. I think she has tried to promote some of these issues but it seemed she fought harder last time. (For example, the first person eliminated was "plus" size Anna and Jenascia didn't stick around much longer.) Those messages about body acceptance seemed to be more important to Tyra last time around. You know what I'm tying to say?
    Shaken, not stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by martini
    Hey Ness

Here's the thing with Tyra though... her bigger size is GORGEOUS. I think she looks simply amazing. It's a shame she isn't promoting that concept of how different looks can work. Maybe because the bs she got from Janice about Robin.

I like how April's athletic shape differs from Shandi's (at this point I'm lumping Shandi with the coat-hangar bodies of runway models). It would be nice to see more of that.
    Hi Back, Martini!

Tyra's bigger size IS gorgeous! When I heard her make the comment about cellulite on her thighs and rear end, I was thinking: "Honey . . . do you really think ANYBODY in their right mind GIVES a holy rip? LOOK at you! I'll bet nobody ever put a bag over your head!"

And besides, if she cares that much about it, that's what God invented airbrushing for!

I also seem to recall her saying last year on one of the ANTM Season 1 shows that she was the biggest of the girls at the Victoria's Secret fashion shows. I think she may have been addressing Robin.

My thought at the time: "Hell, honey, they all WISH they looked like you! Largest or not!"

I am rather saddened to see this year that Tyra doesn't seem to have as much fight for the underdog models she picked, as I feel she did last year. I think you're right in that perhaps she's taken in too much of Janice's bull on that.

Look at Emme. I bet nobody ever put a bag over her head, either! From what I've seen of her, I don't think she's doing too shabbily!

And what about Carre Otis? The used-to-be-stick-thin model who's now a size 12 (or something like that), is still modeling and is happy as a hog in mud, now? Pretty, too!

And, oh yeah, Kate Moss? Last I heard, she's still modeling and still wouldn't be applying for her Jolly Green Giant papers anytime soon!

One of the reasons I think I'm so drawn to/addicted to this particular show is that the cast is such a rainbow of colors, body types, personalities, etc. They are not a group of talking hangers. Think how boring that would be!
    Last edited by ness; 03-09-2004 at 12:03 AM.

This season, the heavier girls were definitely the first to go. With the exceptions of Catie and Camille, only the skinniest ones are left. (I would describe April as thin! Not fragile-thin, but thin.) I don't really have an opinion on this phenomenon, however. There are arguments on both sides.

I think this discussion is straying a little off tangent...

aprils body is the best of all of the girls this season- you take a look at her steve madden pic and its like "BAM".

Exactly, Sol.

Look at the thigh with the boot on it near her dress line and you see this muscle there. XD

i gotta give it up to you frosty- you are the hardcore april fan. i voted on the askmen.com poll- didn't realize that you had found that too and posted it on the tvtome page fo yours. good work!

I think Tyra isn't rooting for the underdogs that don't fit the model requirements just for that reason...they don't fit the requirements. But I do think she does bring them onto the show for the reasoning to show that even though you don't fit the modeling requirements, you can still be considered beautiful enough to compete against those who do. Because, lets face it, if you want to be a top model, you have to fulfill the traits of the everyday model first. In addition, I think she probably kept Robyn around for so long, seeing how the show was in its first season and its probably better to be politically correct so as to not to outrage people who are intially watching the show.

Meanwhile: April has my vote in terms of who I want to win this competition. I'd really like there to be a photoshoot where you get to see these girls SMILE, because I'm pretty sure that'll break a lot of the "ice queen" preconceptions people have of her pictures. I think they're absolutely gorgeous. To tell you the truth, I find them to have more of a contrast to April's real look than Shandi's pictures did to her. Initially, April probably struck me just as much as Shandi did, but wow, did her pictures come out great.