Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: April Wilkner

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    The show is pre-taped before audience reaction
    But it is edited to pander to the audience - at least partly, IMO.

but if that were case wouldn't the winner be Mercedes having the life threatening illness, or Yoanna, the former chubby girl ( America can relate to that ) be scripted to be the winner.
    In my opinion, no. Shandi is the definitive Seabiscuit.

The biggest coup ANTM can pull, is choose someone who does become America's Next Top Model.
    Again, I don't think so. The biggest coup ANTM can pull, IMO, is to garner highly-successful ratings, which would guarantee next season's existence.

I would also take umbrage if someone said, April won, simply because she wanted it the most, and she's half Asian, and it made for a better story.
    Coming from someone who accused on another thread of Asian fans liking April because she's Asian, I appreciate this attempt at political correctness.

P.S. I wouldn't take umbrage if someone said that if April won, it's because she wanted it the most and because she's half-Asian. Those are important factors, and I wouldn't be so naive as to discount them.

FORT Newbie
    would you or anyone you know happen to have the full picture of april as asian eve? upn apparently had it on their site but they took it off and replaced it with head shots only cause it was a nude photo...i LOVE the way she looks in that photo, totally amazing and just a part of the pic doesn't do her justice...as an asian woman, i would love to see more photos like that because she has not really quite tapped into her roots of being japanese...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me here, however you do it, or on aim: idunmackiattract (sorry, no links/email addresses allowed on posts) i would appreciate it so much, thank you!!!

I also have a bigger version (the desktop that was on upn.com before they took that off too) if you'd like that one instead. (I used it to make my avatar)

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    But it is edited to pander to the audience - at least partly, IMO.

In my opinion, no. Shandi is the definitive Seabiscuit.

Again, I don't think so. The biggest coup ANTM can pull, IMO, is to garner highly-successful ratings, which would guarantee next season's existence.

Coming from someone who accused on another thread of Asian fans liking April because she's Asian, I appreciate this attempt at political correctness.

P.S. I wouldn't take umbrage if someone said that if April won, it's because she wanted it the most and because she's half-Asian. Those are important factors, and I wouldn't be so naive as to discount them.
    Naus, did you use to be a figure skating judge on the last winter olympics....just teasing you. I don't think poltical correctness and common sense are nescessarily oil and water.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 03-07-2004 at 10:50 PM.

I think what is so impressive about April is that she is thin while looking toned and healthy. No one would look at April and say "eating disorder." Some of the really thin models look a bit, um, unwell.

Speaking of body shapes, Tyra is certainly MUCH bigger than any of the girls left on the show. She is curvier (both hips and bust). It seemed to me that she was the most like Bethany.
    Shaken, not stirred.

Bethany was thick in body type though. I've seen Tyra's new VS commercial, and she looks like she has the same body type as the other girls. I think she probably has Mercedes' or Sara's body type.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelized
    Bethany was thick in body type though. I've seen Tyra's new VS commercial, and she looks like she has the same body type as the other girls. I think she probably has Mercedes' or Sara's body type.
    Look closer at that commercial though. My husband commented on this -- Tyra is bigger around the thighs and VERY busty.
    Shaken, not stirred.

I didn't notice the thighs but I think the bra was a push-up bra. Also, make-up artists apply makeup to the breasts to make them appear bigger and rounder. XD Don't ask how I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisNerdyGuy
    Then, I suppose, it would make you try and work harder to prove that you are worth the support.
    She should be loved unconditionally. Anyway to answer spike's question of course it's a bad thing to not have a network of people to love and support you. Is grass green?

FORT Fogey
    tyra is for sure bigger in the thighs and butt. shes got an OUSTANDING body! shes very thin but is thicker in only the right places. from what my perception of april fans is that most of her hardcore fans are asian or part asian but i find nothing wrong with that cause i think people at times root for people who they can relate to in some way. im black but out of the girls left, i think april should probably win. asians arent represented enough in the media in this country. i think mercedes is the prettiest but april in photos is just too beautiful for words not that shes not beautiful on the show too but they say the best models are ones that look better in photos rather than in person. i also really like her personality. i can relate to her being so analytical. theres nothing wrong with that. i find it endearing actually.