Page 14 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: April Wilkner

FORT Newbie
    "In April's thread, there was one more suspicious poster before. She said April was so nice, discustingly nice, eats a lot, just a wonderful loveable person. She said she knew her personally (close enough to play volleyball together and go to eat out, but she also said that she didn't know that she was on the show, and just found out when she was flipping the channel. strange.. well, of course it could happen, no doubt. And also at the very right moment,? she also found this site and posted all the good things about her."

FYI - yes, that is actually exactly how it happened and I'm not sure why you think its so strange. Follow me on this one:

1. Went to grade school with april
    2. Went to high school with april
    3. Lost touch with april after high school.
    4. Flip through the channels one day and see april on ANTM
    5. Go on the internet the next day and find out what I can.
    6. Stumble on this site and post responses to people calling her "catty"

Did I lose anyone?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Can I just say? This

was really funny. But I digress...

Fredlun, there's a "current events" forum where people like to debate the existence of higher beings and other brain stretching stuff. You might take a look sometime.

As for April, I'm amazed that yoga could make you so toned. She must be working out with weights too. Or maybe it is possible to look like that with just yoga?
    oh, yes, yoga alone can definitely do that. advanced yoginis can support/balance their body weight on one hand.

i forgot - to keep this on topic, umm...i don't think april looks bulked up enough in the arms to get it from weights.

okay!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisNerdyGuy
    I think it's possible. I'm not much for yoga (plain meditation is my thing), but I've known a few people who do yoga and they are pretty toned. But, what do I know, right?

I agree with Fredlun (not about that whole god thing- I didn't even know what he was talking about- but his post about April's face), personally, I don't see anything 'unique' about April at all. I mean, if I were to be at the grocery store and see her, I wouldn't look twice at her. However, she looks phenomenal in her photos and seems to be a TOP contender for winning.

My thoughts...
    Acting coach Lee Strasberg wrote about walking down the street w/ Marilyn Monroe, and no-one looking twice at Marilyn, who was dressed casually adn just not projecting that little extra something. Then Marilyn said something like "Do you want to see me turn IT on?", and then everyone recognized her as MARILYN...I'm not sure that I would look twice at any of these girls in the store, and definitely not April, but she does have a versatile face, photographs well (especially in understanding how to use her body), and I think that she does turn something on for the camera (I disagree with the judges remarks about her being so cold).

i know girls who are absolutely beautiful outside but photograph so terribly- i dunno- the camera just doesn't like them- but really in person they are BEAUTIFUL- i know people who take photos better then they look in life too- its weird- i think i look horrible in pictures

personally, i don't see why so many people on this board are desperately trying to PROVE that they know one of the contestants. does it really matter? do we need to know that to see your point? no. how can one be sure that they even know who a contestant really is anymore after they haven't seen they for several years? time yields change, and that's a fact. i'm not trying to start anything, but it seems like more than a few people on this board are doing more "boasting" about something they feel is worthy of boasting about, than actually commenting about the show.

Just a note to any of the posters who know April and have come to defend her - for the most part everyone participating here that I have seen is really amazed by April's photos so far. There hasn't been a load of April-bashing.

But even if there was, please remember that FORT allows & encourages its members to say whatever they like about a reality TV contestant, as long as it's PG-13. That way we all get to have fun. Little sarcastic jibes at other FORT members are NOT allowed.

So don't feel the need to rush to FORT just to let us all know that April is truly a goddess in real life. I think it's great that people want to share that they met her, but I think we could all do without the sarcasm and defensiveness. Don't assume that just because the producers chose to air April ruminating on her ethnicity that the members of FORT have the same opinion.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

April Might not be totally asian.... But she sure the hell eats like one! lol

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Just a note to any of the posters who know April and have come to defend her - for the most part everyone participating here that I have seen is really amazed by April's photos so far. There hasn't been a load of April-bashing.

But even if there was, please remember that FORT allows & encourages its members to say whatever they like about a reality TV contestant, as long as it's PG-13. That way we all get to have fun. Little sarcastic jibes at other FORT members are NOT allowed.

So don't feel the need to rush to FORT just to let us all know that April is truly a goddess in real life. I think it's great that people want to share that they met her, but I think we could all do without the sarcasm and defensiveness. Don't assume that just because the producers chose to air April ruminating on her ethnicity that the members of FORT have the same opinion.
    This same thing was driving me crazy in the Shandi thread. People were saying that Shandi seems like a very nice girl -- but that she is extremely thin without much apparent muscle tone. Immediately friends and relatives started referring to this as "bashing" Shandi and getting all worked up about it.

I can't recall anyone saying *anything* negative about April. What, exactly, does she need "defending" from? THe mind boggles.

I, for one, think that she is the clear leader so far, and that's great.

FORT Newbie

April has exotic beauty.

April's beauty is noticeable when she is in the picture with other contestants. As acount executive, she must be a smart girl. I hope the critics will not make judgement because of her race.
    Quote Originally Posted by boxhill
    This same thing was driving me crazy in the Shandi thread. People were saying that Shandi seems like a very nice girl -- but that she is extremely thin without much apparent muscle tone. Immediately friends and relatives started referring to this as "bashing" Shandi and getting all worked up about it.

I can't recall anyone saying *anything* negative about April. What, exactly, does she need "defending" from? THe mind boggles.

I, for one, think that she is the clear leader so far, and that's great.

FORT Newbie
    I strongly agree with boxhill.