Page 12 of 156 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: April Wilkner

Urgh, I'm telling you, they should have made her Christina Aguilera!! LOL

Damn them, they should have curled her hair, added a little mole and put on a funky little revealing outfit and bladow. Christina Clone!

FORT Newbie
    bostonchick and balloon, I know April as well, and I wanted to come in here and set the record straight regarding last night's race issue.

April is unbelievably aware and proud of her heritage, and BOTH of her parents. She is amazingly family oriented, and well versed in all things cultural. What she meant last night about not being intuned with her Asian roots meant that she wasn't only raised as either one race or the other. She was raised as a woman blessed with many heritages from which to be proud of. Her mother taught her to never neglect either one. That, my friends, is TRUE pride. Asking her to choose is ludicrous, unfair, and a moot point in the show. She was chosen for her beauty, her body, and her personality. Suddenly, the "you must check a race" box has been thrown at her. And for what?

As someone who doesn't see the need to exploit one or the other, she is content to embrace both cultures, and I for one, am appreciative of that. There are more people than the world can imagine that are not "pure blood" of any sort. Everyone, nowadays, is a mix of something. Why should it be essential that we choose? April is beautiful, black, brown, red, yellow, or blue. The race card, to me, is null and void.
    Last edited by chrysanthemum; 02-11-2004 at 09:17 PM.

I think April is great. I think the one thing that could hurt her is how they are playing the "analytical" card. It seems to imply she is not passionate about what she is doing. However, how could she get in front of the camera and create art every time is she weren't passionate about what she is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by chrysanthemum
    bostonchick and balloon, I know April as well, and I wanted to come in here and set the record straight regarding last night's race issue.

April is unbelievably aware and proud of her heritage, and BOTH of her parents. She is amazingly family oriented, and well versed in all things cultural. What she meant last night about not being intuned with her Asian roots meant that she wasn't only raised as either one race or the other. She was raised as a woman blessed with many heritages from which to be proud of. Her mother taught her to never neglect either one. That, my friends, is TRUE pride. Asking her to choose is ludicrous, unfair, and a moot point in the show. She was chosen for her beauty, her body, and her personality. Suddenly, the "you must check a race" box has been thrown at her. And for what?

As someone who doesn't see the need to exploit one or the other, she is content to embrace both cultures, and I for one, am appreciative of that. There are more people than the world can imagine that are not "pure blood" of any sort. Everyone, nowadays, is a mix of something. Why should it be essential that we choose? April is beautiful, black, brown, red, yellow, or blue. The race card, to me, is null and void.
    Is this April??

What do you mean is this April?? :p

Thanks for asking.
    I thought maybe she wrote this post. Hey, don't get me wrong so fast. I have a few reasons.
    1. She knows her so well, both of her family situation and how she felt.
    2. This person is very analytical.
    3. In Bethany thread, a person who was defending her so much, was.... her..imo (she wrote to me that "if I have read her posts carefully, I hsould have found out who that was, that was when I asked her why she knew how she felt so much.)
    4. In April's thread, there was one more suspicious poster before. She said April was so nice, discustingly nice, eats a lot, just a wonderful loveable person. She said she knew her personally (close enough to play volleyball together and go to eat out, but she also said that she didn't know that she was on the show, and just found out when she was flipping the channel. strange.. well, of course it could happen, no doubt. And also at the very right moment,? she also found this site and posted all the good things about her.
    4-- might be weak, but just something about it made me think it might be her. (this one, too)

You can disagree allllllll you want! b/c this is just my 2 cents, and if it's not so, (as I wrote) that's cool too.

Hey, what does analytical mean?

serious? you mean literally?

Kao
    Thank you for clearing that up, Chrysanthemum. The way the show edited her comments tonight made her look very nagative about her Japanese side.

Yeah, I don't have a clue what it means. LOL Of all the books I read and all the magazines I've read, I've never seen that word before.