Page 11 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: April Wilkner

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    As for April, I'm amazed that yoga could make you so toned. She must be working out with weights too. Or maybe it is possible to look like that with just yoga?
    I think it's possible. I'm not much for yoga (plain meditation is my thing), but I've known a few people who do yoga and they are pretty toned. But, what do I know, right?

I agree with Fredlun (not about that whole god thing- I didn't even know what he was talking about- but his post about April's face), personally, I don't see anything 'unique' about April at all. I mean, if I were to be at the grocery store and see her, I wouldn't look twice at her. However, she looks phenomenal in her photos and seems to be a TOP contender for winning.

My thoughts...
    Everything that grows holds in perfection but a little moment. - William Shakespeare

And itís all the treasures that shine in the street
    As we drive right over them
    And its all the mornings we missed for sleep
    As the sun glides over our apartment
    And itís all the subtle change in landscape and business
    Reminds you of your limited time
    This time youíll listen to the movement of your body
    How it keeps on despite you and it frightens you
    Cause youíre barely alive
    - Rilo Kiley (Jenny, You're Barely Alive)

I think April just has one of those naturally photogenic faces. Polish her a bit and put her in front of a camera, and BAM! She gets noticed.

Anyway, I think April's got a better look goin' on than Shandi. The only reason Shandi's metamorphosis seems so dramatic is because she was as dull as saltwater taffy before. (In my opinion, of course.) Hasn't the world seen enough of blonde and wafer-thin models? Don't get me wrong - Ive no objection to Shandi's being thin, but she's got, like, no muscle tone. And there's nothing spectacular about her features, neither . Claudia Schiffer? Christy Turlington? Sure. But the modeling industry is more diverse nowadays, and Eurasians - with their hybrid Occidental and Oriental features - are hot commodities.

Oh - and not to sound too hopelessly corny or race-conscious - but I've gotta root for an Asian sistah. We deserve some recognition in WASP America! :rolleyes
    Last edited by nausicaa; 02-01-2004 at 08:20 PM.

i think what makes her unique is that she's not the "classic" beauty. not the cookie cutter image we think of when we think "beautiful"- but i think she photographs great- and thats her edge really. her body is smoking hot.

FORT Newbie

Oh my God I know her!

I was channel surfing tonight and happened to catch America's Top Model when April was on. April used to work for me, must've been 7 years ago at a clothing store I managed at the time in MA. I have to say, she was the nicest, hardest working girl, honest and not a catty bone in her body. She was always beautiful and extremely smart. She was one of those people who all the other girls would have liked to have hated but she was just such a nice person and worked so hard that everyone loved her. I haven't watched this show before and don't know how she's being perceived/portrayed, but I wish for great things for her.

FORT Newbie
    I actually know this girl (well, I've met her a few times, but I'm friends with her sister.) I can honestly say they are both very sweet and so considerate, and not a mean bone in their bodies. Very driven, and though I sometimes hear the judges say that she is too clinical, I think now that she was told that, she'll use her analytic skills to concoct a way to make herself not seem analytical (if that makes any sense.)
    I think that April transforms into a gorgeous creature in her shoots. I hope she makes it all the way!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by balloon
    I was channel surfing tonight and happened to catch America's Top Model when April was on. April used to work for me, must've been 7 years ago at a clothing store I managed at the time in MA. I have to say, she was the nicest, hardest working girl, honest and not a catty bone in her body. She was always beautiful and extremely smart. She was one of those people who all the other girls would have liked to have hated but she was just such a nice person and worked so hard that everyone loved her. I haven't watched this show before and don't know how she's being perceived/portrayed, but I wish for great things for her.
    wow, that's weird! I was just writing that I knew her too! Everything you said is right on, to a T.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonchick
    wow, that's weird! I was just writing that I knew her too! Everything you said is right on, to a T.
    Boston chick that is funny. I'm in Boston too!
    April is a doll. She will go far in life and deserves to.
    I'm sorry I'm distracted, watching Tom Brady on the news....

April didn't look anything like Catherine Zeta Jones, but her pose was great! She looked very powerful- she got the toughest one to pull off. Its almost like asking Camille to become Ming-Na wen from ER, not gonna happen. Not her best picture, but she's still one of my favorites.

FORT Fanatic
    I agree: she didn't look much like Catherine Zeta-Jones, but the picture was fabulous as always.

She doesn't look as striking in real life, but she photographs like a dream.

I think she's t he clear winner so far.

April is still my fav to take it all. I am another one who didn't see the CZJ relation, but she sure did a stupendous job in her shoot. I also enjoyed her "last woman standing" competition with Camille. Go April
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!