Page 10 of 156 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: April Wilkner

Then I take it Cone Heads (referring to the film) are brainy?

I don't think her forehead is that "big" (it's not like she is a cone head by my standards), it's just that it's got this convex shape. Perhaps it's not a necessity, or a must for beauty to have a flat forehead, but for me, and this is my personal opinion, she would look a lot better with a less convex forehead.

and big brain does not entail anything, really.

For instance, an ortopcy was done on Einstein's brain, and his was (as far as I remember - I saw some documentary on this fascinating subject) not bigger than other people's. He did however have some part different than what's customary.

Think for a moment, girl's have smaller heads/brains, but who would claim that they are less intelligent? I know the composition differs somewhat, as to make women worse than men in science/maths and such (generally speaking that is).

[QUOTE=peachy-keen]Not that I'm a huge April fan, but what's the deal with people dissin' big foreheads? It's a sign of a big brain!

Maybe you were just joking, but the size of a forehead has absolutely nothing to do with one's intelligence, if that's what you meant by big brain. You were kidding, right??

Maybe you were just joking, but the size of a forehead has absolutely nothing to do with one's intelligence, if that's what you meant by big brain. You were kidding, right??[/QUOTE]

What I meant was that a big forehead symbolizes wisdom and beauty in many cultures--African, Asian, Native American, etc. Though the wisdom/intelligence part may not be scientifically proven (YET), there has to be something to it if millions of people believe it. that's alls i got to say...
    'cept now i think i want April to win because she has the most unique look.
    Everyone else, seen it done it..

FORT Fogey
    Millions of people believe a lot of things...

Quote Originally Posted by peachy ken
    What I meant was that a big forehead symbolizes wisdom and beauty in many cultures--African, Asian, Native American, etc. Though the wisdom/intelligence part may not be scientifically proven (YET), there has to be something to it if millions of people believe it. that's alls i got to say...
    'cept now i think i want April to win because she has the most unique look.
    Everyone else, seen it done it..

I hear you, but with that sort of argumentation, there is a God, just because a lot of people "feel" there is something more than science in this world (or you believe in ghosts, the same logic applies). And the thing about a god, we will never be able to prove that. Life does not become boring just because there is no higher power.

Further, there are a lot of misconceptions/evil remaining in today's society, a lot has to do with the heritage of religion.

And yes, I am an atheist (Robin will not like this)

Another intriguing thought that occupied my brain cells when I was about 9 years old is this:
    • a line defines a border, there is something inside as well as outside
    • what about universe? It is said to have a certain "size"/"volume" (we know where the Milky Way is situated in universe, right?)
    • What is outside Universe? The parallel world, the Matrix (I find the idea/script of the Matrix really corny, but the special effects are super)

I disagree about April having the most unique look, her face is not special, it is not edgy at all, and she really has a forehead that draws attention that is not positive (I say we agree to disagree on this)

I'm not quite sure how a conversation about April's billboard-sized forehead turned into a discussion about the existence of God, but let's try to drag it back on topic...

Good point John. But somehow, when there is no news, except for speculations about the next episode, some things (that are off topic) might seem more interesting. But the forehead issue is rather on topic, since it concerns April's and not God's.

[QUOTE=fredlun]
    I hear you, but with that sort of argumentation, there is a God, just because a lot of people "feel" there is something more than science in this world (or you believe in ghosts, the same logic applies). And the thing about a god, we will never be able to prove that. Life does not become boring just because there is no higher power...
    QUOTE]

dude, you digress (no offense). this became all medula oblongata all of a sudden. i didn't think i'd have to tax my brain cells so much in a reality tv forum. i had to read your response a couple times to get the connection between God and big foreheads. i was all --say WHAT?

granted your thoughts are intriguing & even made me chuckle a bit, but this is an ANTM forum, i.e. who thinks who is the pwettiest, bitchiest, etc.
    so can we stay in the shallow end of the pool? cuz i'm drownin!

i'm spent, be back after the next episode airs.

Can I just say? This

Quote Originally Posted by peachy-keen
    dude, you digress (no offense).
    was really funny. But I digress...

Fredlun, there's a "current events" forum where people like to debate the existence of higher beings and other brain stretching stuff. You might take a look sometime.

As for April, I'm amazed that yoga could make you so toned. She must be working out with weights too. Or maybe it is possible to look like that with just yoga?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob