Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANTM is coming back!!

ANTM is coming back!!

http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/031119.asp

This is from TVGuide Online's Entertainment News section from November 19th

UP AND CATWALKING: The second edition of America's Top Model debuts Jan. 13, UPN confirmed today. Tyra Banks returns as mentor/judge. Scary Janice Dickinson is back too.

Get excited people!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Mel - I am excited!!!!

I'm away from home so I don't get to log in too much, and I saw a promo on UPN and I had to come right to FORT to spread the news! Of course, John was on the ball and had already announced it.

I can't wait! They didn't show any girls, just Tyra. I had a feeling they would keep Janice Dickinson because she's so opinionated - the Simon Cowell of ANTM. Derek Khan was one of my favorites and he's in jail now. So I guess he won't be guest judging.

Woo hoo!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    I am also excited for the new season! I love ANTM! If you go to UPN's official site and sign up for the newsletter there is a picture of twelve girls but the picture is of their backs so you can't see their faces. I think those are the twelve finalists.

IdolFreak - I tried but I couldn't find where you sign up for the newletter on their site. Argh! Do you have a link?

Yes, IdolFreak, please provide the link!
    Also, hep, which judge was Derek? Me and my feeble mind...
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Mel - he showed up in Ep. 3. Here's a quote from DeepDish's recap:

Super Stylin’ with Derek

The girls are now taken on an Upper East Side tour with stylist Derek Khan. Derek is one of the more colorful characters we’re likely to encounter on reality TV. His voice is like James Earl Jones’ except more downtown funky yet completely refined.

The purpose of this excursion is, Tyra says, to get the girls to think about their own styles by showing them the “top level of fashion in New York City.”

The first stop is a jewelry store where the girls try on more ice (that would be “diamonds” for those of you not versed in Hip) than they’ve ever seen. Adrianne’s hands are sparkling and she says it’s “worth more than everything my immediate family’s ever owned.”

Elyse says that, “It was fun to see obscenely expensive clothes, shoes and jewelry.”

Derek is all about self-confidence and being bold. If a woman knows she has “a lovely cleavage, show that damn thing!” If she has “a beautiful booty, show it!” Kesse totally loves Derek and describes him as “the girlfriend you want to talk to and laugh.”

At the Valentino boutique, Robin causes jaws to drop when she whips out the plastic and plunks down $795 for a pair of beautiful beaded go-go boots. You can’t really argue with her justification. Feet hold you up so you might as well be good to them. I’m currently barefoot as I type this.

Now we’re at the Luca Luca (I think, it’s all such a whirlwind of activity) and the ladies are trying on garments. Yes, again it’s time for the obligatory bras, panties and less shots. This week we get a voluptuous Robin with a sash (and that’s it) over her boobs and our staple Adrianne.

Derek moves in to assess the ladies on their outfits.

Robin: That sash-thing she put on is backwards and upside down but Derek says, “She made it work.”
    Giselle: Derek says she looks “a little too shopping spree.”
    Kesse: In what will certainly become my new quote, Derek eloquently and elegantly states, “a top like this makes it a little hoochiefied.”

Derek rocks!
    Link to the whole recap here.

Speaking of recaps, I haven't seen DeepDish around in a long time. I wonder if he left the site. His recaps were perfect for this show. I hope he makes it back.

I believe deep dish left the site. We'll have a new recapper for ANTM2 (it's a surprise, but you'll be pleased, I think).

Ooooh, the suspense!

Maybe it's Paulie - lots of girls in skimpy clothing, need I say more?

America's Next Sassypants velveteenidol's Avatar

New Recapper

I hope it's Miss Filangi as the new recapper for ANTM2! She is HILARIOUS on the Average Joe recaps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast