Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Elyse Conspiracy

A friend of Giselle testshootcom's Avatar
    Perhaps the drama of it all is to 'dumb down' the industry so the complacent American audience can somewhat understand the industry.
    --------====tSc====--------
    Timothy Hunold
    AIM: TestShootcom
    Yahooim: TestShootcom
    ICQ#: 21478689
    TestShoot.com
    --------====tSc====--------

In my opinopm, Elyse was to be eliminated anyway, because Tyra mentioned in the begining of the final episode clearly that even if a model was beutiful, if she didn't have much motivation, such a girl has very little chance to succeed. Period. Plus, motivation, determination are a key to success in everyhting. Considering this, A and S had much more chances to success. I mean what kind of agency wants a girl who is saying she is tryting this for just a fun.. It is business after all.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by grantaire02
    ...I am short and somewhat stubby (compared to say, 5'10" 114lb. Elyse!) and have always adored that Amelie/gamine-type look with the pixie hair...
    Well, you're half way there. Audrey Tautou is only 5'3".

...it IS all about appearance (or mostly) and Tyra and the others are delusional if they think otherwise...
    The illusion is that it's all about appearance. Making that illusion sellable is business and that encompasses factors beyond appearance. The purpose of ANTM was not to educate non-industry viewers, but it should be evident that Elyse has a lame grasp on what is required to be a successful model (top or working class).

FORT Newbie
    I agree that the circumstances surrounding Elyse's elimination were pretty stupid, and that Shannon really should have gone first (Her grin bugs me too), but I think the end result would have been the same.

Then again, the judges seemed to have a bitch of a time choosing Adrianne vs. Shannon, and that I do NOT understand. At least if it were Adrianne vs. Elyse, there would be something to talk about.

But anyway, I think overall that there isn't much question that Adrianne deserved to win. She rules, and that's that. I don't think either Elyse or Shannon would really be willing to get out there and kick ass the way Adrianne is. I would've liked to see Elyse at the fashion show, though.

Cyaron

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adriannecurryrox/

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron
    I agree that the circumstances surrounding Elyse's elimination were pretty stupid, and that Shannon really should have gone first (Her grin bugs me too), but I think the end result would have been the same.

Then again, the judges seemed to have a bitch of a time choosing Adrianne vs. Shannon, and that I do NOT understand. At least if it were Adrianne vs. Elyse, there would be something to talk about.
    One of the other threads has photos of Elyse, Kesse, and Robin performing in the Baby Phat show, causing speculation (at least by me) that the event happened before the Paris trip. The girls weren't officially judged on the runway show until the final elimination, but Shannon's exceptional performance would have helped encourage the judges to keep her until the end.

(Now I'm doubting my own conclusions. If all five girls were in the show, why were only the last three given the extra preparation sessions by Tyra and J. Alexander? Kesse and Robin were gone when those sessions occured, so they would have had to take place after the fashion show, which would make them pointless.)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron
    Then again, the judges seemed to have a bitch of a time choosing Adrianne vs. Shannon, and that I do NOT understand.
    What hard to understand about judging two contestants on both how they performed throughout a competition and where they stand the very second before a decision is handed down.

If we see how they performed throughout, Adrianne is aruguably ahead but in no way spectacularly so. If we see where they stood by the end, "Shannon kicked Adrianne's butt," to quote Kimora.

I think your imagination has run wild rotophonic I imagine that you wanted Elyse to win (as did I) so you are pulling wild theories out of your head ... A couple of points from your post... first of all, Elyse herself mentioned something in her confessional thing about being bored during the interview (I don't recall if she said she nodded off or not) I don't think it was out of line for the judge to bring this up, because IMO this was one of the main reasons she was eliminated... all she had to do was ACT interested.. It was very unprofessional of her, and I must say my opinion of her dropped after seeing that..

As far as Shannon goes, I don't think that people said she couldn't make it in the industry, there was worry in france that she was too "obvious" and needed to look a little more edgy, but they mainly wanted her to pull her hair back, they liked that look better.... as far as her being fired if she showed up to a shoot and decided not to do it because it was nude, well I'm not a model, and dont work in the industry, but I would imagine if she were against doing that, they would know in advance and it would not be an issue, she simply would not be booked for things that required nudity..
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Oh.. and a couple more things I saw on one of the Elyse interviews that she *is* in fact going to pursue modeling for a while, and she has deferred med school till next year, but made comments suggesting that may not happen... This is something she wants to do very badly I believe, and she will put off med school for a career... and holiday, I think that you might have misunderstood the interview on Jimmy Kimmel... I didn't get the impression at all that she was nervous, and that certainly had nothing to do with the masturbation comment... it was a JOKE! From reading other interviews that is DEFINATELY something she would say... I love her sense of humor!
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    What hard to understand about judging two contestants on both how they performed throughout a competition and where they stand the very second before a decision is handed down.

If we see how they performed throughout, Adrianne is aruguably ahead but in no way spectacularly so. If we see where they stood by the end, "Shannon kicked Adrianne's butt," to quote Kimora.
    Well the point was that I didn't think Shannon kicked Adrianne's butt. I thought she looked a *tiny* amount better, but I think that was partly because of the makeup and hair work. I tend to agree with whatever judge that was who said that Shannon was copying what she was supposed to do, and that Adrianne was sorta finding her own thing. Now of course I know that part of it was that Adrianne was just not used to walking like that, and when she DOES get her own thing, it'll look really good. But I just don't think they made her look very good on that. Besides, Shannon is empty anyway.

So I saw that as kinda even. I could see giving Shannon a very slight edge there, but I think in, like EVERYTHING else Adrianne just kicked the living crap out of Shannon. That's just what I think though. I never thought Shannon was all that.

Also, Baby Phat has EXTREMELY exaggerated stomps, man. I don't like that style of walking, so it was nice to see Adrianne kinda going with it, but still walking like Adrianne.

And Kchamber. Based on the conversations in another thread, I think they did a practice sort of thing before they went to Paris, then did another thing after that.

Cyaron

Hiya Rotophonic

I thought you tied up a lot of loose ends neatly. I like a good conspiracy; gets the juices flowing.

I don't know if it's true or not and I think unless Tyra or Elyse talks, we'll never know.

In the end, though, it doesn't really matter. Of course this was a show about Tyra picking a favorite. You never saw a scorecard or points or anything quantitative. And someone said it elsewhere, it's not about your body of work but your last impression that counts. Elyse was tired and fed up and let it show with a dismissive attitude about beauty (that it's all about estrogen in fetal development). All she had to say was something like, "outer beauty only comes through when you show your inner beauty to the camera" or something sappy like that. Do you think Tyra and all those industry people want to hear they are shallow people with no inner life who have traded their careers on being blessed with extra estrogen? I'd boot her out too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast