Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elyse's Elimination

ok, I still don't think so by watching the scene again. But I guess it's just the difference of our opinion.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_star
    ...Tyra knew that "Beauty is Not just an outside look, but it also comes from inside". And that "inner beauty" "it" thing makes some models look extraordinary, and differentiates them from others, and make those others look just models... If we believe E's answer is her true answer, she didn't learn that from this experience.
    This is a brilliant post and you nailed it, nyc_star! Elyse needs to watch The Wizard of Oz and see that you learn along the way.

Thank you, DD!!

urban cowgirl
    came across this interesting quote..

"From the get-go, I thought Elyse [Sewell] was going to win," Curry says. "And after seeing the show, I'm so shocked that she pulled her 'I'm more superior than you' bulls--t with the experts. I didn't understand why, in God's name, they picked me over her at all until I finally got to see it on TV, and now I want to give her a call and say, 'You dumbass.' "

FORT Newbie

Elimination, etc

What I don't get is why people couldn't follow what she was saying. The judges asked her a question, and though I've never heard of estrogen levels, it wasn't hard at all to understand what she was saying. I was actually interested in what she had to say about it, because it was like learning something new.

Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense. But the thing is, the judges never gave her a chance to *finish*. Who knew if she was going to say "BUT..."

You notice, when they asked her that question, she said it kinda like "Well ... I *still* believe in..." which makes it sound like she might have followed that up by something like "But I know now that there's a little more to it than that", and followed up on that.

Interviewers shouldn't ask a question and then not let the interviewee answer. I feel sorry for anyone who couldn't follow what she was saying, and while I don't necessarily think all those people are morons, they should learn to excersise their minds a little more, and not just act like "Oh, well you're just too smart for me."

It's not Elyse's fault they reacted that way.

All that said, I know they edit the show. This didn't look like an edit, though.

In response to Adrianne's quote...

Where did you get that from, man? Was it from a TV interview or what?

In any case, I don't think Adrianne knows just how striking she really is. Elyse was hot, but Adrianne was off any known scale I think. I think she deserved to win from about episode 4 (but then, episode 4 is when I really started following it closely), and I am still glad as hell that they chose her.

Adrianne fans can sign up here for this email list which will discuss Adrianne and try to keep up on her newest projects/appearances.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adriannecurryrox/

See ya!

Cyaron

Quote Originally Posted by JenMKat
    came across this interesting quote..

"From the get-go, I thought Elyse [Sewell] was going to win," Curry says. "And after seeing the show, I'm so shocked that she pulled her 'I'm more superior than you' bulls--t with the experts. I didn't understand why, in God's name, they picked me over her at all until I finally got to see it on TV, and now I want to give her a call and say, 'You dumbass.' "
    Another great quote from Adrianne!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyaron
    What I don't get is why people couldn't follow what she was saying. The judges asked her a question, and though I've never heard of estrogen levels, it wasn't hard at all to understand what she was saying. I was actually interested in what she had to say about it, because it was like learning something new.

Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense. But the thing is, the judges never gave her a chance to *finish*. Who knew if she was going to say "BUT..."

You notice, when they asked her that question, she said it kinda like "Well ... I *still* believe in..." which makes it sound like she might have followed that up by something like "But I know now that there's a little more to it than that", and followed up on that.

Interviewers shouldn't ask a question and then not let the interviewee answer. I feel sorry for anyone who couldn't follow what she was saying, and while I don't necessarily think all those people are morons, they should learn to excersise their minds a little more, and not just act like "Oh, well you're just too smart for me."

It's not Elyse's fault they reacted that way.
    Yeah, I completely agree.

I found this next paragraph on the show's website.

Quote Originally Posted by UPN.com's episode synopsis
    Tyra explained that Elyse initially did not feel that there was much to being a good model beyond the physical. Elyse commented that she had learned there's more. Her opinion still held that a top model must possess physical beauty, and she explained the benefits of being born with higher estrogen, which shapes the face into proportions that are considered beautiful. The judges didn't quite go for it, Janice implying that it went right over her head.
    So Elyse did indicate she had learned there's more, she just never explained what that was. This is why I can't agree with the idea that the expressions on the judges faces were disbelief at Elyse's unchanged opinions.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_star
    Thank you, DD!!
    You're welcome! It's so clear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12