Thread: Next Super Model

Next Super Model

The show was excellent. I wasn't very interested in it at first, the subject matter, the next top Super-Model didn't seem like an important item to me at my age. But my husband encouraged me to watch, he's a portfolio photographer doing models. I became tuned in immediately, I was able to see behind the scene of what's involed in becoming a model and it's damm hard. No wonder they become real "B's" when they hit the top. It was like watching a movie with Elyse and Adrianne, about women sharing but at the same time in competion with each other. The respect and admiration they shared, the bonding during a very hard time, it showed real character. I was sad when Elyse intentionly bowed out. I think she realize during that last week this is not what she wanted and she knew Adrianne would win if she dropped out. That's real character without the religion, what Robin didn't understand you can be all those things without being called a Christian! Christianity is a believe system, but not everone has that believe system, but they're good, honest, credible people. It was very hard to find anything likeable about Robin, I was rather glade when when she was dismissed. All applauds should be given to Tara Banks, an excellent, excellen show.

ILuvRobin
    I agree that the show was excellent...Tyra did a good job of keeping us riveted every week for 8 weeks...The women were very intriguing...It taught me some things about modeling...It was not a true reflection, I know but it taught me some things....Elyse and Adrienne was a pretty good friendship I will admit that...I agree you can be a good person and not be Christian....I know many people who don't believe in Christ and they are good people, which is at times heartbreaking to me because sometimes even thru that I can see that they are still missing something...I am not talking all atheists I am talking about the ones I know...I don't agree with you on Robin, but that is ok...It is your view and I respect it

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGI
    But my husband encouraged me to watch, he's a portfolio photographer doing models. I became tuned in immediately, I was able to see behind the scene of what's involed in becoming a model and it's damm hard.
    What's his reaction to the normal, secondary market, real-life shoots he does and what he saw on TV?