Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: America's Next Top Model Recap 7/8

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvRobin
    I guess we should blame Robin for lot of things....Like pollution...

Nice recap DeepDish! U rock!

Great Recap! I was pretty upset about Elyse getting eliminated -- I had picked her from the first episode.

The finale was pretty dramatic. I was pretty sure it was going to be a drop kick for Adrienne until the Baby Phat show. Shannon really kicked butt on the runway!

Congrats Adrienne! You deserve it!

In the first of many laughs provided by the runway trainer, he advises Shannon to “marry rich and have babies.”
    I laughed when he said this, then kinda went hmmmm...not bad advice for Shannon.

The girls now meet with fashion show producer Drew Linehan
    Maybe it was because it was a short episode but they went through this so quickly I didn't really get the point of this "lesson." We'll never know, since Elyse made it show-worthy by nodding off.

“Get to the end,” Tyra instructs, “and you’re like ‘Pow! What? So? And?’” Let me translate, she’s saying show attitude.
    DeepDish, you're a scientist who records every word & detail. Thanks for the transcription - sounds kinda funny written down. I wish Adrianne had showed more of that on the runway.

Janice makes a crack about toothpaste commercials (Ha, our very own FORTer hepcat made that joke last week)
    Yeah huh, Janice! Seriously, you could see Shannon fighting the urge to blind us during judging. She really tried and succeeded in keeping her teeth leashed. All along that was my objection to her, it made a huge difference.

DeepDish, your recaps have been so much fun to read - smooth as sorbet sprinkled with black peppercorns of humor. *Sniff* getting misty here...wah!!

[a la Mystery Science Theater 3000]: Thank you, DeepDish, for making us laugh....about love....again... Hope you're recapping something else soon!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie

I like Adrienne on the catwalk

She was sashaying as she walked off the runway. She rocked.
    I was never feeling elyse. Talk about wishy washy,she was on the same level as robin with her contradictions.

FORT Newbie
    Wow! thanks for the recap. I missed the show and in a show of true humiliation proceded to search the web & found it! exactly what i needed, correct in tone & content. I found extra info through a webpage seemingly dedicated to despising Elyse, (altho I love her with the love that only goes to arrogant 20 year olds). thanks so much!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Great recap! I'd quote highlights, but it would be far too many. Great, great job.

ILuvRobin
    Quote Originally Posted by thisjustin
    She was sashaying as she walked off the runway. She rocked.
    I was never feeling elyse. Talk about wishy washy,she was on the same level as robin with her contradictions.

Elyse and Robin are the same to me, except that Rob is a Christian and Elyse is not..they are both strong confident women whose persona can be taken the wrong way..That is why they did not get along..Even Robin was shocked that there was real beef between them...Editing can paint a picture, but does not show the whole picture...The one thing about Elyse is that she would act one way and then talk about everyone behind their backs..That was not cool, and Robin would speak her mind, but also be gracious(she complimented Adrienne with the socialites)....Don't take it the wrong way, I love Elyse's sarcasm, but that is how I see her

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    What a wonderful, funny recap! Exactly as it happened with a humorous slant. Loved it. I was for Elyse but since she didn't seem to mind being eliminated I didn't really mind either. Shannon really came alive after Robin left and I was so glad to see her human side. Too bad Robin didn't show hers too. Maybe if she had she would have had more fans. I was happy that Adrianne won because she really did show the most improvement and needed it the most. I hated to see this show end and am looking forward to the next one.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

ILuvRobin
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    What a wonderful, funny recap! Exactly as it happened with a humorous slant. Loved it. I was for Elyse but since she didn't seem to mind being eliminated I didn't really mind either. Shannon really came alive after Robin left and I was so glad to see her human side. Too bad Robin didn't show hers too. Maybe if she had she would have had more fans. I was happy that Adrianne won because she really did show the most improvement and needed it the most. I hated to see this show end and am looking forward to the next one.

I doubt she would have more fans, people would say she is a hypocrite, next...If the editing had not been slanted to promote a "villianess" people would have seen Robin's human side...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast