Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robin on the news in Memphis

urban cowgirl

Robin on the news in Memphis

I live in Memphis, and right after the finale, they had robin on the local news. She was not too happy with who they chose as the winner and didn't feel like she represented america or was a good role model.

Okay, robin. LET IT GO! you lost, adrianne won, who is more grateful of winning than you will ever be. And that whole role model/represent america..this is not a pageant!

sorry i am kind of bitter that robin still continues to talk down about the others, but there is nothing she willl ever be able to do or change. I hope adrianne gets BIG and stares at her from the cover of all the magazines when she's at the grocery store.

ILuvRobin
    she wanted Shannon to win..It was not about her winning per se....She said in one of the interviews that she wanted Shannon to win, cause it would be the tip of the iceberg for her...Hey, I hope Adrienne does good things too..Even though, I did not agree with everything she did, at least she showed the desired it took to win..Also, the willingness to change and do what Tyra wanted....Well, I do agree with Rob on this light, whenever you are in the spotlight, and adrienne will be a least for awhile, being a role model is important no matter what job it is..

FORT Newbie
    Why can't Adrienne be a role model? What's wrong with her as a role model? I think she is a hard worker and doesn't try to change who she is to please others with oppressive and narrow views of the world **cough** Robin** cough**.

Just because she doesn't use the word god in every sentence doesn't mean she can't be a good role model. I would rather have my daughter be like Adrienne than Robin.

Someone needs to help Robin down from her high horse..or better yet let her falll!!

ILuvRobin
    I think Robin's comment at THAT time, was inappropiate...However, it is her opinion and one thing about Robin..she is truthful...I think she was more upset with her friend Shannon than AC winning though...She wanted Shannon to win...Adrienne could be a role model, but I think I would rather my daughter be more like Robin to be honest with you though I like tomboys...
    Last edited by ILuvRobin; 07-09-2003 at 12:35 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyS
    Someone needs to help Robin down from her high horse..or better yet let her falll!!

To be honest with you, Adrianne is currently one of my top role models right now. Sure she cusses, but does it mean that your going to Hell if you do? Like I said, I think that Love is more important than disipline.

ILuvRobin, you said that at least Robin is honest with herself and has her own opinions. Well I am okay with that. I believe that Robin has every right to wish Shannon won.

But, to be honest, I think she makes rather a stupid version of Simon based on the show editing.

Why is Adrianne one of my top? Because she doesn't care what people think of her. And she is willing to work her ass into getting what she wants.
    Plus, she's a tomboy...just like me.

goddess-glow
    Robin needs to drop the whole holier-than-thou routine. It got her nowhere. I think Adrienne is a wonderful role model. She never changed. She kept true to herself and that's what a role model should be. You shouldn't have to try to fit any mold. Go Adrienne wit yo badself!

ILuvRobin
    believe or not I agree with you on adrienne@delia..something she said I would not but she is cool, even though she HATES Robin...I like Tomboys @heart...I like them to be a grow-up and be feminine at least sometimes, but tomboys are cute

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvRobin
    believe or not I agree with you on adrienne@delia..something she said I would not but she is cool, even though she HATES Robin...I like Tomboys @heart...I like them to be a grow-up and be feminine at least sometimes, but tomboys are cute

As a mom, I'd love to have my daughter grow up more like Adrienne than Robin. It's not even close. Just look at how she ran and hugged her Mama when she showed up at the photoshoot!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast