Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robin on the news in Memphis

ILuvRobin
    Adrienne and her mom meeting was touching, but I hope you are not implying that Robin does not love her mother...I mean she used to work with her mom...Robin is a good woman who loves God and is dirven and independent..If I was a Dad, I would want my daughter to be like her, minus the attitude

FORT Newbie

Robin . . . Loveable ???

How can any sane person love someone like Robin ? Her insufferable attitude can only be described as HATEFUL . . . toward everyone . . . except when she's sucking up to someone (like the judges) for something she wants. (Even the judges saw through her & often discussed it.)
    Her arrogant, over-bearing behaviour makes for a poor representation of "Christians".
    Christianity is supposed to be all about love, tolerance, and forgiveness.
    Don't take my word for it; you can look it up (see New Testament).

Robin has single-handedly set Christianity back, oh, I don't know, maybe, about 2003 years !

The only reason she didn't get cut on the first episode is because the producers knew that keeping her around would make "good TV" and help ratings, with her as the "villian", antagonizing all of the other girls.

If you didn't get that, then you are either (a) a friend or relative of Robin's who is in deep denial, or (b) very, very naive.

Quote Originally Posted by JenMKat
    Okay, robin. LET IT GO! you lost, adrianne won, who is more grateful of winning than you will ever be. And that whole role model/represent america..this is not a pageant!

sorry i am kind of bitter.
    I think that Robin is the one that is bitter JenMKat. And you are correct, this show and contest was not a pageant. It really is too bad that Robin has to try to add another 5 minutes onto her 15 minutes of fame. :nono to you Robin for being a sore loser.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

ILuvRobin
    She is not bitter, she just wanted to see SHannon win, and Elyse is really going at her in the media..Criticizing her and what not..Robin has said nothing about it or her..In fact, she did not even know Elyse hated her...Robin is going to be a star and she does not need this "feud" to help her..

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvRobin
    Adrienne and her mom meeting was touching, but I hope you are not implying that Robin does not love her mother...I mean she used to work with her mom...Robin is a good woman who loves God and is dirven and independent..If I was a Dad, I would want my daughter to be like her, minus the attitude

IluvRobin - I thought you knew my opinon of Robin already. I think she's completely self-focused and spoiled. I'm sure she loves her mom & dad as much as someone like that can. I don't know how independent she is if she works at a day care center where her mom is the director. Someone who can drop (how much was it?) $700 for a pair of boots is not your average day care worker. Maybe mom makes sure she gets some perks on the side.

I try to be objective about these things, and I'm skeptical about reality TV showing anything but whatever slant they want to show. However, from what we saw on the show there's no way I'd let her watch my preschooler. Hopefully I am completely wrong about Robin but we can only go by what was shown on the show - a cold, rigid, rude person who didn't care for anyone that she couldn't dominate with her personality.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

IlovRobin, I'm assuming that you actually know Robin in real life, which makes it fair to say that you are more than a little biased in these matters... There is no other way to explain the way that you defend Robin after the way that she has acted.. If you just saw what we did, you would see a condescending, spoiled, rude, catty woman that tries to hide her true self behind her bible... she CLEARLY does things that are very unchristian, but she would blab something off, and then try to justify it somehow by giving a verse from the bible... There is no way IMO that she will be a star or even find much work after this show.. and as far as her being a good role model minus her attitude.. ummm... how does that work? lol Being a role model is ALL about your attitude, and the things you do, and the way you live your life.... she judges people, she preaches to people in AWFUL ways, she is rude, catty, she just begged for fights, she was inconsiderate... I could go on all day... I can't believe that you would ever want a child to grow up learning from a person like her... it's just sad
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

The funny thing is that in one interview, (TV Guide??? I forgot.) when asked, she siad she already got tons of job offers from many agencies. Yes, that's what she said. "Tons of..." I don't really think many agencies would want to work with her,,, but well, it's of course up to them. But one thing is that no agencies are supposed to contact her until the final episode, so I wonder why she was saying that "I already got tons of job offers.."....
    It's a real enigma to me.. ??

ILuvRobin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    IlovRobin, I'm assuming that you actually know Robin in real life, which makes it fair to say that you are more than a little biased in these matters... There is no other way to explain the way that you defend Robin after the way that she has acted.. If you just saw what we did, you would see a condescending, spoiled, rude, catty woman that tries to hide her true self behind her bible... she CLEARLY does things that are very unchristian, but she would blab something off, and then try to justify it somehow by giving a verse from the bible... There is no way IMO that she will be a star or even find much work after this show.. and as far as her being a good role model minus her attitude.. ummm... how does that work? lol Being a role model is ALL about your attitude, and the things you do, and the way you live your life.... she judges people, she preaches to people in AWFUL ways, she is rude, catty, she just begged for fights, she was inconsiderate... I could go on all day... I can't believe that you would ever want a child to grow up learning from a person like her... it's just sad
    I know I said I was not going to post anymore, but I thought about it and I was being immature about it...A couple of y'all has showed me love in here, even though they don't like my position and I appreciate that...I guess I am naive, because I still like Robin and want to see her do well...I understand some of what you are saying, but I see her differently...Like one poster said, creative editing can shape a person's character...Robin herself said in the GirlPosse interview, that they magnify a person's character to get ratings..Someone had to the villainess and the show made her to be the one..First it was Ebony and then Robin...Like I said b4, the biggest problem was the age difference and different backgrounds...Yes, I would want my daughter to be like Robin because she believes in God, and she is humble and gracious believe it or not...I mean she calls people ma'am and sir...Mister and Miss..That is classy..That is old-time Southern upbringing..When the judges asked her who did she want to be put out, she said whoever God puts in their heart...I think that was admirable of her because she opened herself to be put out..When she lost she did not have an attitude, she was happy for the opportunity...She is not perfect, and if she is a little like she was on the show, she need to work on her attitude. She seems to have the Southern Belle in her.However, everyone needs to work on something...I could be totally be fooled by her..It is not the first time, I have been fooled...However, anyone who loves God and sports is alright with me...

I admire you being nice to us even though we have really different opinions from you. And the producers might've magnified Robin's personality. But so far,I don't like what I see. I don't like it one bit.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Quote Originally Posted by traveler
    How can any sane person love someone like Robin ? Her insufferable attitude can only be described as HATEFUL . . . toward everyone . . . except when she's sucking up to someone (like the judges) for something she wants. (Even the judges saw through her & often discussed it.)
    Her arrogant, over-bearing behaviour makes for a poor representation of "Christians".
    Christianity is supposed to be all about love, tolerance, and forgiveness.
    Don't take my word for it; you can look it up (see New Testament).

Robin has single-handedly set Christianity back, oh, I don't know, maybe, about 2003 years !

The only reason she didn't get cut on the first episode is because the producers knew that keeping her around would make "good TV" and help ratings, with her as the "villian", antagonizing all of the other girls.

If you didn't get that, then you are either (a) a friend or relative of Robin's who is in deep denial, or (b) very, very naive.
    Some pretty silly remarks in here. I'll just presume you are joking.

I don't understand why anyone would think that a model should be a role model. They model clothing and makeup. That's what they are paid to do. People should look to those they actually know well as role models.

I can understand why Robin might be disappointed in an Adrianne win. But I do think it doesn't really help Robin to have a negative attitude about the show and the participants (except maybe Jay and Tyra ;-). She did gain a lot by being on the show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast