Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About the finale and the next season

About the finale and the next season

The finale (or precisely the last minute) was really anti-climatic for moi. I am really glad that Adrianne won but I'd like to see more. For example, what's going on with Adrianne right now? What kind of modeling gigs she's got? How she's doing a few months after the fateful day? Did she try anything to improve her speech? etc.

Maybe it is because I only caught the last 30 minutes of the show, but it seems ended rather abruptly.

FORT Fan
    I agree. I would like very much to see an update show. Including all of the other contestants too, not just Adrianne. I'd like to see if Adrianne has learned to open her mouth more, if Shannon has learned to close her mouth more, if Katie has saved any more polar bears, if Nicole has thrown away any other once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, if Ebony is still moisturizing, if Giselle has defeated puberty, if Kesse has morphed even more into Miss Tyra, if Tessa ever gets recognized at all, if Robin has gone to Jim Morrison's grave, and if Elyse has set up a confessional in her own home. Update show please...

FORT Newbie
    I was kinda disapointed with the first "re-cap" hour. I thought there was supposed to "new" footage? There was very little new stuff as far as I could tell. And quite frankly, Tyra's narration added very little for me. IMHO.

ILuvRobin
    I think we will find out with the interviews, and stuff like that...I would also like to know what Shannon is doing too...I am proud of her....to come in 2nd is no shame....She did good

The UPN site said the show before the finale would be more of a behind-the scenes episode. There was some new footage. I liked seeing the fun side of Robin - with her and Ebony singing in the confessional and then the judges doing that donk-a-donk dance behind the judging table (I think I liked Janice for that one split second). Classic scene! Yes they definitely need to do an update show. Maybe they will have one right before the premiere of the second season! I'm thinking the top four girls will have some sort of contract or modeling gig. I was hoping that directly after the show they would premiere Adrienne's first Revlon commercial, but I guess we will have to keep checking back at the boards for sightings.
    Last edited by realitynut; 07-09-2003 at 09:55 AM.

ILuvRobin
    thank you...Reality_nut...I tried to tell people..Robin is playful...I know her diva way can grate on people but she is really fun, just passionate...I think that you are right on the girls...I think all of them will have some gigs...I also think because they are in demand they will be able to call their own shots too...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by realitynut
    I was hoping that directly after the show they would premiere Adrienne's first Revlon commercial, but I guess we will have to keep checking back at the boards for sightings.
    That would have been too hard to keep a secret I think.

i thought shannon ripped it up on the catwalk. she looked like a natural. i loved it! and though i've liked adrianne from the get go, i was disappointed to see how nervous she obviously was on the catwalk. and i wanted her to shut her mouth. she looked like a mouthbreather. but still... glad she won. that girl is amazing in photos.

ILuvRobin
    sherside...I predicted that...I knew she would step her game and kill the runway portion...I think it was a little too late..I really believe that Adrienne proved herself, more edgier..More willing to adapt, and bolder...More consistent too..I just saw more desire day-in and day-out from her..I don't see Shannon being as bold...That was the difference...Plus I think Tyra wanted someone she can mold...Tyra's career is over, and I think that is what she feels is her "calling" so I think that played a factor in the decision...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by shersidhe
    i thought shannon ripped it up on the catwalk. she looked like a natural. i loved it!
    I agree! What Beau saw as an imitation, Janice, Kimora and Tyra saw as rocking!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast