Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Model Search America ... heard of it? I need advice.

Yeah, I think paying money to them even before they get you any job is almost always suspicious, no matter what they are dealing with.

FORT Newbie
    I don't think we were allowed to pay by check. I have to look at the paper. My aunt got a money order and sent it to them. It was in the amount of $200 but on the form we put that we paid $245 (lol)because it costs $90 per guest and they gave us the impression that they needed to pay half of their money also. We later found out that it wasn't the case. But anyway ... nyc_star, we can't stop the payment. It was paid for in April anyhow. I'm going to talk to my mom tomorrow to see what she wants to do about it.

I hope no one makes the same silly mistake that I've made. I'm just going to go to college and get a degree like a normal person .

FORT Newbie
    Hey Abelard, do you remember which show by any chance?

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I wish I could remember the name of the show. If I could only remember the correspondent, hmmmm. Sorry. Too bad you paid with a money order. A lot of money orders get stolen and are therefore treated as checks (they take several days to clear). You have to have purchased it from your bank to have any recourse, though. ;-(

FORT Newbie
    Oh well that's ok. Thanks anyway

I'm not too worried about the MSA thing anymore. I know my parents and my aunt will understand and I don't mind paying my aunt back . Stuff happens I guess.

Model searches

Those searches can't guarantee you anything. The best thing you can do is get some great head shots from a really good photographer. Take those around to the different modeling agencies. If they like you they will send you on go-sees. Another thing is that ad agencies are the real clients so take the initiative and take your book around. Get to be friends with the receptionists on the creative floor and they will get you in to be seen by art directors, account execs or whatever. Try for a book with different looks. The ad agencies generally produce their own commercials and often shoot the proposed ad campaign onsite. If the client likes your look, your in. Good Luck

FORT Newbie
    >> I hope no one makes the same silly mistake that I've made. I'm just going to go to college and get a degree like a normal person. <<

I'm not so sure that it was a silly mistake. These groups work by making their processes look legit. Unless you're thinking about it, it just seems like "Oh, OK, so that's how these things work I guess..."

It happens a LOT, and these types of people ought to be taken out and shot. They f*ck with people's lives and ... well, you know. I won't rant about it here.

But it may not necessarily be the end of the road with these guys. If they have been exposed as scam arti- uhh, bastards, then there might still be ways you could pry the money away from them. They might not want you to do certain things...

Cyaron

FORT Newbie
    If you go to katiec.com, they have a "modeling kit" of sorts that has a ton of information on how to get started, and a bunch of agencies and stuff like that.

It's only like $20. That might help you a lot. Not that I care all that much for Katie (well, she's ok) but the info is the same in any case...

Cyaron

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AdrianneCurryrox/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12