Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which designers?

urban cowgirl

Which designers?

do you think they exemplify?

Adrianne- Prada, BCBG, Alexander McQueen, Diesel, Jean Paul Gaultier

Shannon- Ralph Lauren, French Connection, Marc Jacobs, Nicole Miller

Elyse- DKNY, Betsey Johnson, Kenneth Cole, Dolce & Gabbana, Miu Miu

I just chose a few by looking through a recent vogue at the ads..

A friend of Giselle testshootcom's Avatar
    Adrianne is a no at BCBG, I can tell you that from personal experience, that Lubov would be laughing her butt off. Actually that is strange company for BCBG to be in. I see her in Iceberg, Valentino, my mind wanders...

Shannon: Gap, Guess, Old Navy, Limited, anything bland. Maybe Tse if she is lucky.

Elyse, well anything Patrcik Demarchalier is shooting, she would do well with him. I remember seeing his work with Natalie Portman just shortly before she starred in Star Wars. Actually she was going to be part of an ad campaign at a fashion house I worked at during that period. Elyse could have slipped in to that campaign.

I don't think any of them really have the maturity in their look to do much, there is something they are still missing.

DAMMIT I MISS SHALOM (best walk in the biz) HARLOW!!!
    Last edited by testshootcom; 07-05-2003 at 11:51 PM.
    --------====tSc====--------
    Timothy Hunold
    AIM: TestShootcom
    Yahooim: TestShootcom
    ICQ#: 21478689
    TestShoot.com

FORT Fogey
    I don't see it happening. For every trait Elyse, Shannon or Adrianne has that is suited to walking or being in print, there are 100 other girls with that and more.

Also, the notariety each would bring for being on this show. I don't see that being an attractive prospect for any designer. If Kimora doesn't use the winner in her Spring 2004 show, that's it.

urban cowgirl
    I don't think that they would be used seriously! This was supposed to be a fluff post about which type of clothes would look best on each girl. Use your imagination! I understand that they are all novices, but I am thinking of their potential!

I just look at the looks the girls are able to pull off (ingenue, all-american, tough glam cookie), what I know about the clothes from personal experience, and try to match them up in my head. Like, I don't see Elyse wearing tommy hilfiger. She's too doe like. I see her wearing clothes that would accentuate her angles, that aren't too over the top flashy. I see Adrianne with her eyes and long hair wearing clothes that demanded attention. Shannon= TH, Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren. All american, safe fashion.

FORT Fogey
    In that case:

Adrianne - Jordache

Shannon - St. John's Bay

Elyse - Issey Miyake (if she walks really slow)

I don't think any designer is going to want any part of these girls.

Fashion in general finds talent, not necessarily allowing a 'contest winner' to be part of it.

This show is to fashion as karaoke is to the Grammy's. You may kill 'em with your rendition of "I m coming up" at the school's talent show, but I hear doors slamming in showrooms everywhere.

I almost started sobbing when Smashbox appeared on the Home Shopping Network.
    Timothy Hunold
    TestShoot.com

urban cowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by testshootcom
    I don't think any designer is going to want any part of these girls.

Fashion in general finds talent, not necessarily allowing a 'contest winner' to be part of it.

This show is to fashion as karaoke is to the Grammy's. You may kill 'em with your rendition of "I m coming up" at the school's talent show, but I hear doors slamming in showrooms everywhere.

I almost started sobbing when Smashbox appeared on the Home Shopping Network.
    I don't think you get what I was trying to accomplish in this post. Apparently you have your head stuck up in the "REAL" fashion world doing your work that you can't use your imagination on a fluffy little post about what clothes would look good on the girls. That's the whole point of this television show, and the point of watching this show.

Unless you are a designer or cast models in campaigns instead of just taking pictures or doing graphic design, then I would appreciate more of what you are saying. Since this is just a message board, and we are not seriously deciding the future jobs of these girls, then lighten up! it's just requiring a little stretch of imagination, instead of not once but TWICE saying you don't think they would actually be used.

Damn, no problemo. I agree this is not a casting call, no we are not reviewing, just speculationg, I was not saying "hey we at company X think" just bumping around too. No animosity.

I was actually flattered that you put a former client in the same category as those other giants.

Noobody on this board said anything about representing anyone, it is all just fun fun fun.
    Timothy Hunold
    TestShoot.com

urban cowgirl
    tim, sorry if i came off as harsh. i tend to do that, and it's hard to go around it online. there is no way of hearing inflection in the way i say the words, which when i would say it out loud, wouldn't come off the way it might seem.

I love BCBG clothes. I have quite a few peices myself. I think they are really well made, and feel great.

JenMKat it is hard to get the full impact off a post, no problems here.

Although they did look good in BabyPhat yes/no?

I credit the backstage crew, not so much the girls themselves.
    Timothy Hunold
    TestShoot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast