Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Robin's Interview (in TV Guide)

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlylicious
    C'mon, though. Elyse doesn't condemn others for having different beliefs than she does??? Really??? How about her rants where she calls people ignorant and stupid and bitches, etc. etc. etc.?? I wish that I could quote her exactly, but she certainly has criticized others for having different beliefs than she does. And for being simply different than she is. Let's be honest about that! No matter whether we agree or disagree with her.

To make her sound like the peacekeeper seems ridiculous to me! Not all of her tantruming and criticizing was done behind closed doors, either. She wasn't exactly silent with her opinions of the others, and it was pretty apparent how she felt about each of them. I doubt any of them were truly shocked when they viewed her "closed door" sessions.
    Elyse did NOT condemn others for their beliefs--just for their actions. There is a big difference between the two. I don't think she attacked anyone for what they believed in and if they knew what she thought of them that's fine. Not everyone will like each other. I don't remember her criticizing anyone for having different beliefs. If she threw her lack of religion in Robin's face I sure didn't see it. If Robin hadn't pushed the issue I don't think the fact that she is an atheist would have ever been mentioned. I don't think she was a peacekeeper but she sure kept her mouth shut a lot of times when she was pushed too far. She could have caused a lot more conflict and drama if she had wanted to but she was smart enough to walk away plenty of times.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

ILuvRobin
    I agree with that...I can't understand why people did not see that..I mean I see good things in Elyse but she got an attitude too, and she herself felt like she was better..Even SHE admitted that she was condencing(sp) to people...Now she did improve, but still it was Robin and Elyse arguing, because she wanted to control where they wanted to go, and Robin was not having it...Robin was surprise that Elyse did not really like her, which I can understand, because when you spend that much time, you figure you have a kinship together even though you have your fights...

ILuvRobin
    I disagree with that@breathless...It is your view, but she did say in confessional that she could not adjust to people because she was smarter than them, or that they believed in God...I don't hate Elyse by no means, but just as I am honest about Robin..people need to be honest about elyse

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    Elyse did NOT condemn others for their beliefs--just for their actions. There is a big difference between the two.
    Exactly, breathless4975. She may be condescending but open-minded enough to know not to shove her opinions down everyone's throat.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    Exactly, breathless4975. She may be condescending but open-minded enough to know not to shove her opinions down everyone's throat.
    Again, I disagree.

Elyse was definitely critical of others for believing what they did, and what she considered to be 'ignorant'. She was not simply criticizing their behaviors. Both were happening. And I'm not combining the two, I do realize the difference! They're two separate things...

I realize that I'm not going to convince any of you who want to see it differently. This isn't a "pro Christian/anti Athiest" person speaking, I'm trying to be honest and balanced here. I'm challenging you to do the same.

ILuvRobin
    I agree@Carly....that is what I am talking about...everyone is making Robin to be the bad girl and Elyse has an attitude too...Be objective...that is all I have been saying.

FORT Fogey
    She was critical to the confessional camera. Behind their backs. In secret to Adrianne.

This may be small of her to do. You could say Robin was the bigger person for broadcasting it instead of keeping it to herself.

Fact is most people who are easy to get along with are so not because of what they say to your face, but by the restraint in not saying something. This is especially true of dogma and chili recipes.

ILuvRobin
    that is very small of her to do that..And she doing it in front of the camera to get the sympathy of the fans...I HATE that....Robin may be the "drama queen", but at least she tells you unfront when she does not agree with you or like something...I can deal with that...Be about it, don't be fake

FORT Fogey
    No one wanted to hear it. No one. Not even Kesse and Shannon. There's nothing praiseworthy about that. It just shows how tiny her grasp on dealing with people who aren't like her is. Miniscule.

ILuvRobin
    well, there are a lot of things people don't want to hear, but it is better to hear it, than to say it front of the camera and have them hear it later...She showcased for the fans IMO, and I don't like that...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast