Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Robin's Interview (in TV Guide)

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Elyse is not rude and doesn't try to act like she is perfect. She at least does what is asked of her and doesn't bitch about it and cop an attitude like Robin did. Elyse tries to get along with others instead of creating drama all the time. She doesn't condemn other people for having different beliefs than she does.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

ILuvRobin
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    Elyse is not rude and doesn't try to act like she is perfect. She at least does what is asked of her and doesn't bitch about it and cop an attitude like Robin did. Elyse tries to get along with others instead of creating drama all the time. She doesn't condemn other people for having different beliefs than she does.
    look I don't hate elyse...Robin has more attitude, no doubt, because she out front with it...I won't even discuss Robin condemning because I discuss that length in one post...we will never agree I can live with that...Elyse is the front-runner, my girl is not going to win...Nothing I can say or do can change that.....There is nothing wrong with striving for perfection...

FORT Fogey
    Elyse tries to get along with others instead of creating drama all the time. She doesn't condemn other people for having different beliefs than she does.
    Excellent point, breathless4975. She got along marvelously on all her go sees, during the socialite evening, most of her roommates (and even during the tirade she said it behind closed doors, where it stayed until the episode aired) and judges.

ILuvRobin
    well, I do remember umm when she suggested that they should go to the grave site..instead of letting go, she kept on and on with...I will agree she does not condemn other for their belief in God, even though she felt uncomfortable around them @ first...BTW I like Elyse a lot, she uses her attitude in good confident way, whereas Robin well she is too deep

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvRobin
    well, I do remember umm when she suggested that they should go to the grave site..instead of letting go, she kept on and on with...I will agree she does not condemn other for their belief in God, even though she felt uncomfortable around them @ first...BTW I like Elyse a lot, she uses her attitude in good confident way, whereas Robin well she is too deep
    It seems to me that she was trying to reach a compromise so that all 4 of them could spend the day together. She didn't really want to visit a grave either but was willing to do so for her friend. I just don't think she could understand that Robin was so stubborn that she wouldn't sacrifice any time to please someone else.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fogey
    Elyse is not rude and doesn't try to act like she is perfect.
    I meant to quote this too--even when laying it pretty thick with the intelligence thing, she still managed to have a certain wit about it.

ILuvRobin
    she did not want to look at graves...she did not commit a crime...I don't like graves either..They are dead...Dead people are not an attraction for me...Robin could have handle it better, but I think she was tired of it all..The whole Paris scene

FORT Fogey
    It seems to me that she was trying to reach a compromise so that all 4 of them could spend the day together. She didn't really want to visit a grave either but was willing to do so for her friend.
    Totally. Even though she later questioned why she tried to coordinate the outing, Elyse didn't want to make a bad situation worse. Well, she sort of did, but that's because Robin is off the charts stubborn.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Let me confess here (since confession is good for the soul ;-). If I had only a few hours in Paris to do something, I might have said, I want to go to [fill in the blank]; I am going to go to [fill in the blank]; if you want to come, fine, if not, goodbye. I would not sit around trying to get the three others to do what I wanted or to sacrifice what they wanted for the group. I would do what I wanted to do. Why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't Robin? She wanted to go shopping. Why should she have had to compromise on that? There was no reason to force a consensus. Does that make me stubborn? In a way, but it also makes me the kind of person who knows what I want.

As for Pere Lachaise, I never think of the place as just a gravesite, a cemetery. It's human art. It's beautiful. You can learn a lot about different time periods at a cemetery.

I agree Abelard, that's why I haven't talked about this silly fight. You're arguing for staying with Robin all afternoon? At least Elyse wasn't tiptoeing around her like everyone seemed to do.

I like cemeteries too. It's fun to take a charcoal pencil and some paper and make rubbings.

I would have gone to the Impressionist Museum - the one in an old train station with all the Monets. But hey, I'm not 18 and alone in Paris for the first time!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast