Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Robin's Interview (in TV Guide)

Haha well that site obviously isn't a fan of third party links...

Here are the pics that I posted, using the original site:

Gisele 1 = 5th picture

Gisele 2 = 7th picture

Gisele 3 = 1st picture

http://www.chez.com/ciol2003/gisele_...e_bundchen.htm

Cheers.
    ~M o s a i K~

ILuvRobin
    I understand exactly where she is coming from by saying, she does not agree with racists but does not judge them...Just because you don't believe it in what a person is doing, does not mean you hate them....to judge is to comdemn, Robin never condemned anyone...She did not agree with it, which she has every right to...

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the link. Those are great pics!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruu0
    To be honest, I think people need to stop coming down on Robin because of her religion.
    Sorry, but I don't think people are coming down on her because of her religion. I think most of us don't like her rude and snobby manners. I don't think anyone is perfect but evidently Robin feels that she is.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

So you don't have to pose nude in order to be a top model, and that's the message I want to convey to young girls. I don't want them to feel that's what you have to do to make it in this world.
    Nude or not, a successful model looks HOT. I think the first time Robin posed in a bikini, she was already asking people to look at her photo and think she is hot - lusting, if you will. She already made the moral choice to expose herself. Backing out of the nude photo session was a day late and a dollar short.

No one wants to teach young girls to take their tops off for the first photographer who asks, I agree. But this was a controlled situation. She knew they weren't shooting for Playboy. Top models use the tools they have - their bodies - to sell that product.

Maybe Robin will use the exposure from this show to get some TV time. Maybe she'll be a host on a Christian talk show, or find a place on a sitcom. I know I won't be watching.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    No one wants to teach young girls to take their tops off for the first photographer who asks, I agree.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Top models use the tools they have - their bodies - to sell that product.
    Bring on the products!

ILuvRobin
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Nude or not, a successful model looks HOT. I think the first time Robin posed in a bikini, she was already asking people to look at her photo and think she is hot - lusting, if you will. She already made the moral choice to expose herself. Backing out of the nude photo session was a day late and a dollar short.

No one wants to teach young girls to take their tops off for the first photographer who asks, I agree. But this was a controlled situation. She knew they weren't shooting for Playboy. Top models use the tools they have - their bodies - to sell that product.

Maybe Robin will use the exposure from this show to get some TV time. Maybe she'll be a host on a Christian talk show, or find a place on a sitcom. I know I won't be watching.

That is a little different...She is posing in a bikini...If you read the article, she did not seem oppose to wearing a two-piece...Many women want that assurance that they look beautiful especially in a pic...I will ADMIT that the pics were tastefully done, and not vulgar as I thought they would be..Jay compromised and was going to allow them to wear a bathing suit, but really I can understand Shannon and her point of view.Her posing posing or not posing naked was the problem cause Shannon did not pose either....I still think that if she did not lose her poise and probably opened a little to the socialites, she would still be on the show to live another epidsode, to the dismay of the majority of posters here...That cost her...

FORT Fogey
    She didn't oppose wearing a two-piece so long as she had a huge wraparound. When Tyra called her on that, Robin was reduced to tears because of her insecurities. If she would have stayed true to that, she still would have shown she's not up to modeling but at least I would have had some amount of sympathy.

Instead she turns the whole experiment into accomodation-seeking and concessions.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Robin wanted everything on her terms or not at all. How conceited and selfish!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

ILuvRobin
    she has every right to do that..this is america, you know...I think she should have known the ramfications of being on the show, and that sometimes you are going to be asked to do things she don't wanna do...I mean ELyse is the same way, and no one is talking about that..She is model material and she is the fornt-runner, but she has an attitude too...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast