Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lesbianism... Implied or otherwise

FORT Newbie

Lesbianism... Implied or otherwise

Hello all, newbie here. Anyhow,

Is it just me, or are the producers playing up the lesbian subtext between Adrianne and Elyse?

I've only seen one full episode which was the July 1st one (when Robin was kicked off) so I don't know how lesbianism has been delt with in the show. I have seen parts of the ep when Ebony's partner visited her.

Anyways, is it there or is it just me? (BTW, I'm a het girl) I think they have a little girl crush on each other and that they really do get along quite well (I have a friend like that - someone you meet and it seems like you guys have known each other for years).

Any thoughts?

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Well, they did have a big disclaimer before the women all went to Paris. Everyone but Shannon called her boyfriend to say goodbye. ;-)

In the words of Adrianne, "you don't have to be a lesbian to change in front of your friends" (or something like that).

No, it appears to be chummy to me. It's like a point of pride with them not to care about being naked with other chicks because of the girls in the competition who were uptight about it.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Regular

Re: Lesbianism... Implied or otherwise

Originally posted by jetGirl
    Hello all, newbie here. Anyhow,
    Is it just me, or are the producers playing up the lesbian subtext between Adrianne and Elyse?
    I've only seen one full episode which was the July 1st one (when Robin was kicked off) so I don't know how lesbianism has been delt with in the show. I have seen parts of the ep when Ebony's partner visited her.
    Anyways, is it there or is it just me? (BTW, I'm a het girl) I think they have a little girl crush on each other and that they really do get along quite well (I have a friend like that - someone you meet and it seems like you guys have known each other for years).
    Any thoughts?
    I believe that they were goofing around, simply put. And they were probably choosing that way to be silly because of people's reactions to Ebony's lesbianism.

My friends and I are always lovey dovey with each other. Especially when there are people watching...it is fun to shock people!! But it depends on the individual. Robin and Shannon seemed to be a lot more reserved in what they did around the group while Elyse and Adrianne let it all hang out!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

ILuvRobin
    well, I hate to say it, but that scene did not seem on the up and up...I am judging, but it did imply it...They probably went out their way to shock people(Pagans vs. Christians, remember?)...I think that is why they did the nude photos cause they knew it would creep out Robin and Shannon

FORT Newbie

IluvRobin

Hey, ILuvRobin, you wrote

"well, I hate to say it, but that scene did not seem on the up and up...I am judging, but it did imply it"

You? Judging? Surely not.. it can't be that a good Christian such as yourself is judging other people......

Seems like you've been doing it a lot lately though... I wonder why.

Thanks,

DEOXY
    Only an atheist knows the true value of life.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Good Lord. They did nude photos NOT to shock America but because that is what TOP MODELS do!!!! Faked or otherwise.

Yeah, oh, sure. They SURE fooled me into thinking they were lesbians by IMPLYING it. Just imply anything in my direction and I fall for it hook, line and sinker because, as we all know, reality shows are the gospel.

A friend of Giselle testshootcom's Avatar

Re: Lesbianism... Implied or otherwise

Originally posted by jetGirl Hello all, newbie here. Anyhow, Is it just me, or are the producers playing up the lesbian subtext between Adrianne and Elyse?
    That would be then to say a room full of naked girls during fittings or behind the runway gets into the same grey area? The show was not trying to get the girls to hook up, but hotels in Paris are costly and it was realistic for some girls to split a room while travelling, it may have been incindiary to make them fight, or maybe they last minute plans to wire up another hotel fell through so the only one letting the producers cut up tjhe walls to place hidden cameras happened to be this one.
    --------====tSc====--------
    Timothy Hunold
    AIM: TestShootcom
    Yahooim: TestShootcom
    ICQ#: 21478689
    TestShoot.com
    --------====tSc====--------

They were just playing around(although that was waaaaaaay too wild if you ask me.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast