Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

ILuvRobin
    I can't say anything after waht happen yesterday..you are right, she acted totally hypocritical...However I am sure we all have...Adrienne's comment was wrong, man..LOL even I gotta laugh at that one .As I said I am disappointed in her yesterday, but judging the whole body of work...I am proud of her

FORT Fogey
    Exactly Sher,
    Because Robin went on and on and preached her beliefs it set her up for a big fall and for the others to dislike her.

It would have been a lot better for her to simply live out her convictions and if the others noticed by her actions not her words then tell they why but to simply give pious empty words put the others on the defense instead of having them embrace her.

I bet had she done that the nude shot woudn't have been such a big deal and they may have even found ways to work with her but because of her attitude they used it against her.

ILuvRobin
    the problem with that is eventually she would HAVE to speak her beliefs, eventually...I think she tried TOO hard to be accepted and did not work...Remember she tried to be a mother to them...Problem is she is only 27 and she should have been a YOUNG woman First and then a MODEL second...you can't be a mother to ADULTS who are trying to be responsible and want to be act as such.I could see if she had the modeling experience she could do that..However, she should have been LEARNING.That was her downfall..She got stressed out..She thought of this as a sorority and this is a competition...Then she lost her poise when her best friend on the show(Kesse) got eliminated...She said a part of her died when she left and you could tell...you could tell
    Last edited by ILuvRobin; 07-02-2003 at 11:28 AM.

iluvrobin... there is a way to speak one's beliefs without sounding pious and arrogant. believe me. lots of us have been doing it for years. robin was hyprocritical and judgemental. being that type of person is one of the main reasons that nonbelievers stay nonbelievers. i'm a christian and I wouldn't want to associate with someone like robin.

ILuvRobin
    yeah..But I have been at both sides@sher...at times I have the judgemental one and got exposed..I had to learn....that should not take away from what she is..That is why I posted an article so that people can another side of Robin..Remember when she said that verse to Elyse, Elyse was totally like I am the smartest one in here...I went to medical school, type of vibe...She has totally improved her attitude, and I know she was stressing in that enviroment..She turned it around...Rob was not able to, and I thought she could..Oh well, sometimes you hit a homoe-run and sometimes you strike out

she would HAVE to speak her beliefs, eventually
    I agree shersidhe. There is speaking your beliefs and then there is preaching. As Robin said in last week's episode, she felt like a school marm scolding Adrienne for her behavior. I didn't like how Robin prefaced every statement with "I'm a Christian woman and Christians ..." do this or that. I hope "pagans" or atheists (as Tyra calls them) don't look at Robin for a definition of Christianity. Her intolerance at times I feel was embarassing for us Christians.

i have a lot more to say, but i'm gonna stop so this doesn't turn into yet another religious debate. you will not be swayed, ILuvRobin, clearly. look at your screen name! so what's the point?! we all must agree to disagree. i can live with that.

ILuvRobin
    no doubt, I can respect that....I might have to change my ID name after today though to get over the fact she is not here....

FORT Newbie
    And speaking of Robin...

I think the most offensive thing I have ever seen her do was that two second shot we got of her shopping with Shannon! When she was striding ahead and abusing Shannon for lagging behind! Shannon is panting about 25 yards behind her, but Robin refuses to wait and let her catch up! Then you hear Robin throw back over her shoulder:

"Come on, Miss Shannon, you're going to have to walk faster than that!"

How mean was that?

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by katkatalk
    How mean was that?
    That was super-tame compared to the far more odious actions Robin has taken and words she's flung throughout the series.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast