Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon

She was signed to IMG, I believe.

And I don't think Shannon had a problem undressing backstage. She must have had to on the show, and she never said that was a problem. Nude for a public photo was crossing the line for her, but I think she could have done well without getting to that point.

She also mentioned being turned down for some designers, turning some of them down (too risque clothes), and was turned down for even some commercial gigs (toothpaste commercials and the like). Unfortunate, I think.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss
    She was signed with a big agency--the same one as Tyra (I'm blanking on the name right now). My guess is that the reason she didn't do so well was a function of her conservative Christian values (not knocking, just stating a fact).

There's not much room for modesty in the fashion industry. Not feeling comfortable being naked backstage while changing during a runway show or modeling see-through clothes, and having major limits on what she will and won't do is going to severely limit the type of jobs a girl gets signed for.

I'm guessing that Shannon would have done at least as well as Elyse if she'd been able to be more flexible in what she did, but she stayed true to her values, and that's impressive, too. She probably just couldn't have it both ways.

That's all just a guess on my part. Maybe she went back to the small-time agency for a totally different reason.
    Really? on her Xanga it says that she wasn't sign to a big agency but a small one but it was sign from GOD that she can still make it big.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMADDICT99
    Really? on her Xanga it says that she wasn't sign to a big agency but a small one but it was sign from GOD that she can still make it big.
    I could be wrong since I haven't followed Shannon's career very closely. But, as Sepia mentioned, there were reports after the show ended that Shannon had been signed to IMG, and I thought that this was something that people had supporting information about, but it was a long time ago, so I don't remember much.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

She reminds me of Brittney for Cycle 4, cause they're both big and have that sultry voice. But the only difference are their personalities.

Shannon at the Miss Ohio USA pageant.

"What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

She reminds me so much of Faith Hill!

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsBliss
    She reminds me so much of Faith Hill!
    But with terrifyingly huge white teeth and a plastic smile.

In the first picture its like, "GRRR.. I BETTER WIN.. or I'll bite you.. grr!".. Her body and dress is gorgeous in the second pic. Go Shannon!

Shannon at the Miss Ohio USA pageant???

What!

Quote Originally Posted by top_gj
    Shannon at the Miss Ohio USA pageant???

What!
    Uh...yeah! She even wrote about it at her Xanga.