Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon

she should go plat blonde

aga
    FORTified
    She looks good. I liked her smile, but she (rightly so) isn't grinning it up.
    ETA: Also, I didn't realize she had the big forehead.

P.S. What is a xanga?
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Xanga? It's kinda like LiveJournal or something...

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aga
    ETA: Also, I didn't realize she had the big forehead.
    That's because the ANTM Cycle1 makeover team were smart and gave her bangs

xanga is an online journal
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

FORT Regular
    Xanga is a place where people share with the random public the details of their daily life. It's kinda a narcissitic concept, like a) people actually care and b) like you're really that interesting anyway. Paper journals are so much better....and they seem to be a thing of the past these days. Sigh.

But on topic, Shannon is so beautiful. I think her body was every bit as good as Elyse's but she was also beautiful on the inside where it counts. I'm surprised she hasn't done better modeling. She's got the perfect body and a gorgeous face-nice lips, nice nose, pretty skin. To me she looks more like a model than a beauty pageant girl...but oh well. I'll never really understand what they're looking for in the modeling industry, I guess.

well they said it was because she was too commercial. which you can kind of see. she's got that california girl look to her. but maybe if they did something with her hair

She was commercial, but I think she could was versatile. A couple of her pics (like the snake one) proved that. And I agreed with Janice that she was superior to Adrianne on the runway.
    "What, sucka?! Do you want me to stab you with this spoon? In yo jugular?"

I think that she could've been a huge model if she moved to NY and gotten signed with a bigger agency. Her agency right now is some small town agency so there is no way she can get any good jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMADDICT99
    I think that she could've been a huge model if she moved to NY and gotten signed with a bigger agency. Her agency right now is some small town agency so there is no way she can get any good jobs.
    She was signed with a big agency--the same one as Tyra (I'm blanking on the name right now). My guess is that the reason she didn't do so well was a function of her conservative Christian values (not knocking, just stating a fact).

There's not much room for modesty in the fashion industry. Not feeling comfortable being naked backstage while changing during a runway show or modeling see-through clothes, and having major limits on what she will and won't do is going to severely limit the type of jobs a girl gets signed for.

I'm guessing that Shannon would have done at least as well as Elyse if she'd been able to be more flexible in what she did, but she stayed true to her values, and that's impressive, too. She probably just couldn't have it both ways.

That's all just a guess on my part. Maybe she went back to the small-time agency for a totally different reason.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.