Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: America’s Next Top Model Recap 6/24

FORT Newbie
    Another great recap, DD!

Did anyone else catch Robyn tearing up near the end, when Tyra was talking to her after calling her name? Robin was about to spill over, and I sat there, utterly confused, thinking.... "WHAT is she crying about?!?!" All Tyra said to her was that Robin needed to use her brain more. Maybe it was kind of a wakeup call for her? I dunno, we can all wish and hope that it were, but we'll find out in the next episode.

More on Robin... I had posted (under another recap) that I thought Robin was a little small to be considered a plus-size model. Buuuuttt.... maybe the camera had been playing tricks on my eyes or maybe it was just that Robin had always been a little more covered up because Robin in a two piece really showed what Tyra had been pointing out - very small on top, and much bigger on bottom. I have to admit, she is a lot bigger on the bottom than I had originally thought, so maybe she REALLY is a plus-size model...

I have to say that I faltered in my belief that Kesse really wanted to be America's Next Top Model. I just found it hard to believe that someone who wants this so bad would forego a "go-see" so that she can browse about with some beauty products. Soooo maybe if Kesse didn't want to be a top model that bad, it was justifiable for her to have been let go. I'm not saying that she had less potential than some of the other models, but just that maybe she fell into a moment of weakness at a crucial moment in her chance to become america's next top model.

Other than that, I loved the episode. I thought Elyse and Adrianne were hilarious - especially when Elyse made that comment about she not wanting to directly piss off Robin, but taking much amusement at the fact that Adrianne was constantly attempting to do so. My bets are still on the two of them...

adrienne is so funny, i have the biggest crushon her now. i love it when they were translating crude referrences to their body parts into french. wish she would take this as seriously as elyse who is slowly growing on me. i think me and adrienne would be cool friends.

it was so sad when kesse left, it seemed liek no one really had any grudges against her. but from teh post show comments show with kesse gone the two rooms really duke it out, which might be entertaining. go elyse and adrienne!

FORT Regular
    DancinGirl:
    More on Robin... I had posted (under another recap) that I thought Robin was a little small to be considered a plus-size model. Buuuuttt.... maybe the camera had been playing tricks on my eyes or maybe it was just that Robin had always been a little more covered up because Robin in a two piece really showed what Tyra had been pointing out - very small on top, and much bigger on bottom. I have to admit, she is a lot bigger on the bottom than I had originally thought, so maybe she REALLY is a plus-size model...
    I was thinking the same thing, although I think they did make a point of showing her at her most unflattering times (such as leaning up against the windowsill) when anyone would look larger on the bottom. Still, you're correct and I agree, she was noticeably larger & less toned than most of the others. Whereas
    with Adrianne you could see how buff she really is, and yet curvaceous at the same time. She's got a lovely figure, IMO. I find Shannon and Elyse too "straight-figured", personally. Too angular.

ILuvRobin
    I agree@Carly.....Robin should win..it would be a breath of fresh air to curvacuous women EVERYWHERE....As a man I love her figure, and she is not too bottom heavy for me....She is beautiful

FORT Fogey
    Thanks hepcat and DancinGirlJ12!

Originally posted by DancinGirlJ12
    Robin was about to spill over, and I sat there, utterly confused, thinking.... "WHAT is she crying about?!?!" All Tyra said to her was that Robin needed to use her brain more. Maybe it was kind of a wakeup call for her?
    I think Robin admires Tyra and when Tyra comes down on her, Robin feels the disappointment. However, Robin has the memory of a shrew and in no time at all is back to her prissy ways.

Soooo maybe if Kesse didn't want to be a top model that bad, it was justifiable for her to have been let go. I'm not saying that she had less potential than some of the other models, but just that maybe she fell into a moment of weakness at a crucial moment in her chance to become america's next top model.
    Hopefully Kesse did end up winning something. That would be the mentality that becoming America's next top model isn't the only way for her to get out of Arkansas, which is something she really wants.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I thought Kesse went back into that store to buy cream because she didn't want to be rude to those people who were helping her. :-|

Seeing her dancing and having fun on the Metro was cool. Bye bye, Kesse, I always liked you even though they turned you into Tyra 2.0.

Originally posted by Abelard

... Tyra 2.0.

You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Another killer recap DD! Ahh...you are my inspiration for joining in on the fun here at ANTM's forum. You rock my world!

...can't...
    stop...
    purchasing...
    lingerie...
    from...
    Victoria's Secret...
    catalog...
    and now addicted to Yoga wear!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Fogey
    Thanks melpepinla! It's better to give in to temptation so go order online!

I missed this week's episode and I am SO thankful for DD's thorough recap.... I didn't see the show but I feel I didn't miss a thing!!!

Thanks for the detailed recap DD, that was really awesome
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast