Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow this show has taken off!

Here's some good advice

Watch ANTM because it will be more like, "omg who's gonna win! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

And then tape BBC of VCR in another room, or at the same time!

Long time lurker, first time poster in this forum.

I am so glad that I found other people who love this show as much as I do! All of your interesting posts pushed me to finally register. So thank you ANTM posters!

Special thanks DD for the rockin' recaps and John for getting this forum up!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

Welcome, melpepinla!

I've tried to talk to friends in RL about this show and they think I'm crazy. This site is amazing and addicting.

You have Bucky Katt in your signature! I love it! My favorite comic strip!!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think it's great to hear that people join the site after reading recaps! Welcome everyone
    John has really set up a fantastic board here, with all sorts of coverage for all sorts of shows! Be sure to visit the rest of the site too.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Aww!! Thanks hepcat and cali! Like I mentioned, I have been a longtime lurker on this forum and long before that this entire site. So reading your comments to me after reading your posts tickled me.

I had just happened upon ANTM one Tuesday night going through American Idol and 24 (Fox Tuesdays, the next up and coming "Must See TV" night!!). I was flabbergasted by the show. I knew that FORT was a place to find people who liked it as much as me. I like the more main stream reality shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race but for some reason shows like Joe Millionare, Love Cruise and Temptation Island suck me in. It was the same for ANTM.

I think this is a great show for the simple fact that it gives us a little bit of everthing. The reality, harshness and glamour of the modelling industry is the main point here. But what is interesting and at times touching are the PEOPLE on this show. You may not agree with them or finding them irratating, but at least we are being shown that everyone - even wannabe supermodels - are REAL people with thoughts and feelings just like us.

And FORT is a great place to chat about ANTM and other shows. I feel like Annie: "I think I'm gonna like it here!!!!"

PS Get Fuzzy is the best comic since Calvin and Hobbes. Darby Conley is a comic genius. Rob Wilco, Satchel Pooch and Bucky Katt are real, funny and exaggerated characters that are so fun to read!

Originally posted by melpepinla
    I like the more main stream reality shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race but for some reason shows like Joe Millionare, Love Cruise and Temptation Island suck me in. It was the same for ANTM.
    Isn't it funny how some shows suck you in and others don't? I couldn't give a fig for Fear Factor, but I was hooked on Joe Millionaire (only if I could watch it on tape and skip the millions of commercials). And Temptation Island - the guy who described a sting ray like he had never been near an aquarium - "we were surrounded by these strange animals that looked like birds flying under the water" - we still laugh about it in my house!

My other two favorites are the Mole, and Celebrity Mole.

PS Get Fuzzy is the best comic since Calvin and Hobbes. Darby Conley is a comic genius. Rob Wilco, Satchel Pooch and Bucky Katt are real, funny and exaggerated characters that are so fun to read!
    Plus it is drawn so cute! I love Satchel's face.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I loved the Mole too! I sooo miss Anderson (He was such a great host - serious and funny at the same time) and The Mole in general. Don't get me wrong, the celebrity edition was great (I knew Frederic was the mole from the second show!).

I COMPLETELY forgot about that dude from Temptation Island. That show was such a hoot to watch. I also think that Paradise Hotel is going to be another show to tape and fast foward through just like Joe Millionare. Do we have to watch 2 minutes of what is coming up after the breatk?? Sheesh!

hepcat...we are kindred spirits!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12