Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Language and attitude reminder! Please Read

Language and attitude reminder! Please Read

I'm finding myself deleting a lot of posts from this particular forum, so apparently a reminder is in order...

1) We are a PG-13 site. If you use offensive language, offensive phrases, etc. your post will be deleted. If it's way over the line, or done multiple times, your account will be deleted. Keep it clean. We have young teenagers on the site, and I'm sick of cleaning up after those of you who can't keep it within the boundaries.

2) If you can't tolerate other people's opinions on the "characters" we're seeing on TV, then this is not the site for you. We try to keep them within a reasonable limit, but the whole reason for this site's existence is to talk about reality TV. We will not, however, tolerate bashing, flaming, or insulting other members of the site.

3) If there is a thread for what you want to comment on, please don't start a new one. Place your post in the thread that exists.

Thank you.

I must log on at the wrong time, because I never see any of the naughty posts.

Oh well.

urban cowgirl
    was the gisell post warned? it was an ironic aside, and i am not sure what is acceptable as PG-13 when there are girls entering a profession of using sexuality and beauty to sell things are hiking their legs up for all of america to see them get bikini waxes, then one of the judges saying the model looked like she had a penis, the homosexual discussions, etc. is there a general line that is drawn on comments/situations? If there are young teenagers watching this show, and posting on this site, they are full aware of what is going on in that show, and a post about published, accessible, and related material that is discussed and linked from the site in other places is fair game. If I have overlooked the guidlines to what is acceptable when discussing reality smut television, please point me in the right direction. Are these same children watching and discussing paradise hotel, which pretty much promotes promiscuous sex with people you haven't known very long, all for the sake of winning some little contest (it's really not the contestants that win, but the network$)

Perhaps it was a little off putting, my post, but it was from the perspective of "oh my god, *blech* i can't believe stuff magazine actually exists...and a lot more issues beyond that. I should have made myself more clear in my intention to call attention to that particular subject.

Yes, these topics are touched on in the show, but discussions of those topics here are not always appropriate. All I ask is that everyone keep in the back of their mind that we are a PG-13 site, and if you choose to discuss those topics, there is a chance that your posts will be deleted if you can't keep it well on the right side of the line.

urban cowgirl
    seems like a hypocritical double standard to me. hear no evil, speak no evil....but see no evil? i guess that last one is out the window. We can discuss kesse having a penis, but the fact that giselle said she wouldn't do nude shots and then have that picture of her in stuff magazine come out with all of her glory hanging out is just as double standard as these "guidelines"

i through with this site. i think the clincher is that little kid mattio. he's on this site, and that is fine, but to remind everyone that "hey i'm her cousin her cousin her cousin cousin!!!" in every single post is annoying. He's some anonymous kid that just happens to be related to one of the hundreds of people that are on reality shows. guess what kid so am i, but i don't go talking about it to gain popularity on some message board. Just because you know the outcome, you ruin it for the people who like surprises.

okay, rant over. you can suspend my account or whatever for all i care.

Thanks for letting us know how you feel, JenMKat. This site isn't for everyone, and we totally understand. We're not going to change who we are to conform to anyone's idea of what we should be, so it's better that people find something more suitable to their own posting style in these cases.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    How can you argue with a guy who has a cowbaby as an avatar?
    ~*~ Maji *~

Umm.. EXCEPT NOT

I am not that little. I am 16, AND I DON'T KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THE SHOW!, therefore, I do not go and tell everybody about it.

I liked what you were saying at first, intill you included me into it. What do I have to do with the language of this website?

urban cowgirl
    i apologize to everyone. i am having a very very very bad day

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    That's okay, Jen. We all have them.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast