Thread: Best line of the night!!

Best line of the night!!

Giselle (in ongoing whiny voice): How can I get some confidence?

Elyse: Get out of puberty.

Go Elyse - even if she doesn't win this girl is going to go so far with her life that I wonder why she even stays.

I was dying when i heard that. I absolutely love Elyse and Adrianne, because they're so hysterical. Since the first episode, I knew that Elyse seemed exactly like the type of people that I get along with wonderfully in real life.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    I guess I thought that was rather a nasty remark. I don't know.

I did enjoy Adrianne's attempt to be sarcastic with Giselle who just did not get it.

That's pretty funny.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by Abelard
    I did enjoy Adrianne's attempt to be sarcastic with Giselle who just did not get it.
    I agree with you. And it was also an ironic remark, considering that Elyse herself can behave pretty immaturely.

Ouch, that was so awkward! Did she really think Adrianne was going to poison her?

Sometimes these girls seem so young!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    I know Elyse gets alot of camera time, probably because like her brother said, she is the most articulate. Every episode she has come out with the funniest things:

1. I thought the confessional rant was hysterical. Edited to remove language.

2. I looooved the tongue in cheeck "um, but then again, I'm not up on prostitute fashions"

3. and last weeks idea for building confidence "um, get out of puberty?"

What I notice about Elyse is the feelings run really strong either for her or against her. Except for Robin, who has mostly negative stuff written about her, the other girls are pretty much bland.

I love Elyse, I love her looks, I love her observations, I love her wicked sense of humor, I love how she falls apart in private but keeps it together in public. It just seems like she has all her stuff in one sock and SHOULD WIN THIS COMPETITION!
    Last edited by lobeck; 06-19-2003 at 04:14 PM.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I love Elyse's interview too. She really let loose with how she felt about everyone else. She's pure entertainment! I love this girl!!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Newbie
    I thought the comment HAD to have been said in jest, albeit completely deadpanned. Giselle didn't seem to be offended at any rate. I thought it was a silly thing to say but not nasty.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Originally posted by OoohShakeIt
    I thought the comment HAD to have been said in jest, albeit completely deadpanned. Giselle didn't seem to be offended at any rate. I thought it was a silly thing to say but not nasty.
    Considering that she had a nasty expression on her face, I don't think she was joking. It was a way to shut out Giselle. There are other ways to do that without being condescending.

Elyse, generally, wins the best line of the night. She's perfect for reality t.v. She's like some of us viewers with our snarky comments on the reality t.v. players. However, sometimes she and sometimes we go too far. I'm not really saying that this particular line was the worst. The worst comments Elyse has made were in the confessional room. For example, when she claimed that Giselle's parents should be ashamed of her and so on and so forth. That was cruel.