Thread: Adrianne's accent

Adrianne's accent

I think Adrianne has a shot at winning because she consistently gets comments on how great she looks on camera... but then I remember how she talks. Do you think she will lose because of her accent? More than accent, her elocution (lack of)? I would bet that with a speech therapist she could be taught to speak like a normal human being, but most models never get to the spokesperson level and don't really need to talk. Does the Revlon contract require the top model to speak?

Wasn't it funny, that with all the trouble they gave Adrianne with the way she said "passion" - they used it in the commercial!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

That was funny

I taped the show (because she's my cousin) and I could not stop laughing, but I didn't really think there was anything wrong with how she said it. I know she talks mono-tone, but I don't know. Mabey she will get speach classes later in the show, who knows!? I sure don't.

a few voice and articulation classes and she'll be able to say Paaaashun just fine.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by shersidhe
    a few voice and articulation classes and she'll be able to say Paaaashun just fine.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by shersidhe
    She could go to the Heidi Survivor: Amazon School of Pronounciation.

Before: Quit passing it around.

After: Quit pashun it around.

I actually think her voice is cool. It doesnt bother me at all.I know people who came from Naperville IL that talked just like her. It's not due to drugs. Even my friends parents talk like that, minus the Duuude and Mannn. All I have to say is GO ADRIANNE! I'm sure you can fake it when you need to!
    O Boromir!The Tower of Guard shall ever northward gaze. To Rauros, golden Rauros-falls, untill the end of days.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    Her voice drives me nuts. She needs to work on that if she wants to do commercials. Of course, it doesn't matter for print ads or runway stuff.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by Abelard
    Of course, it doesn't matter for print ads or runway stuff.
    Exactly.

I love Adrianne's accent just the way it is. However, if I'm being honest, she should take some voice lessons so that will improve her chances of winning. Plus, if she has to do a commercial if she's
    America's Next Top Model, she's gonna have to pernounce those words correctly.

adrianne is my fave, she smart & beautiful, but she's also not as snooty like elyse.