Thread: The Grand Prize -- What She Wins

FORT Fogey

The Grand Prize -- What She Wins

According to the UPN website (and as Tyra reverently reminds us before each Photo Ceremony), the winner will receive "a multi-faceted Grand Prize package featuring the opportunity to receive a Revlon modeling contract and to be managed by Wilhelmina Models, in addition to a guaranteed appearance in Marie Claire magazine."

Here's some info about each, quotes taken from their respective websites.

"Revlon is world leader in cosmetics, skin care, fragrance and personal care."

"Wilhelmina Models is one of the largest and most successful model management companies in the world representing women, men and children throughout its offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami."

"Marie Claire...accompanies women as they decipher the newest information on fashion, beauty, health and the many other facets of the daily life of women in the 21st century."

I'm wondering why the word opportunity is used in front of the Revlon and Wilhelmina prizes, and if it matters that guaranteed is used in front of the Marie Claire prize.

Hmmm...

FORT Fogey
    Was Wilhelmina named for Kaiser Bill? Is she still alive?

Those sound like great prizes. I've never even won a subscription to Marie Claire. Maybe that why they guarantee that one.

FORT Fogey
    Originally posted by CaliGirl
    I've never even won a subscription to Marie Claire.
    You're more of a Deutsch Elle girl anyway.

FORT Fogey
    I'm resurrecting this thread for convenient links to the winner's prizes. Go out and buy Marie Claire when the time comes.

Check this out from Extra TV:

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailyn...03/07_09d.html

But first, Adrianne gets the grand prize: possible contract with Revlon and a spread in Marie Claire magazine. Editor and judge Beau Quillian thinks Adrianne has a long career ahead of her.
    What's this about a possible contract with Revlon?
    Last edited by Deep Dish; 07-09-2003 at 09:58 PM.

FORT Newbie

Possible indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    Check this out from Extra TV:

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailyn...03/07_09d.html

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But first, Adrianne gets the grand prize: possible contract with Revlon and a spread in Marie Claire magazine. Editor and judge Beau Quillian thinks Adrianne has a long career ahead of her.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's this about a possible contract with Revlon?

Yeah, I noticed that, too. All along, it was part of the prize. Now it sounds like Revlon is being ... messed up.

Cyaron

Adrianne rules! Check out the largest, most active AC group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/adriannecurryrox/

FORT Fogey
    This will be a very interesting story to follow. You'd think we'll see some tangible advertisement featuring Adrianne at least by the start of ANTM 2.