+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ANTM Returning on VH-1 Fall 2016

ANTM Returning on VH-1 Fall 2016

'America’s Next Top Model' picked-up by VH1

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, January 11, 2016, 6:13 PM

You can’t keep a top model down.

Confidenti@l has learned that long-running reality show “America’s Next Top Model” — which the CW canceled after an astonishing 22 seasons — is heading to VH1.

It’s not yet clear whether supermodel Tyra Banks, who hosted the campy competition since it debuted in 2003, or any of the other cast members will return.

But insiders said the move may have been inspired by one of two things: either Banks’ exit from the show slashed the salary expenses enough for it to be viable with a new host; or the collapse of her follow-up show “FAB Life” means that she’s available to helm “Top Model” once again.

“The CW canceled (“ANTM”) even though it was their most downloaded show,” said our insider, “but the speculation was that it’s because Tyra’s salary is so high. It's an expensive show to make because she gets a s---load of money.”

Banks announced that the show had reached the end of the runway in October on Twitter, saying “Thinking #ANTM22 should be our last cycle. I truly believe it’s time.”

She launched syndicated talk show “FAB Life” in September 2015 as its host and an executive producer, but quit just two months later, saying in a statement that she planned to spend more time on her cosmetics company.

“She said it was time for ‘Top Model’ to end but her show bombed and now it (‘ANTM’) is getting picked up again,” noted the source, with some suspicion.

Also no word yet on whether or not J. Alexander, the show’s veteran judge who had returned for its final two seasons after an absence, or People's Revolution founder Kelly Cutrone — who was a judge for the last five seasons — will return.

We’re told that executive producer Ken Mok — who has run the show since its first season and recently produced Jennifer Lawrence movie “Joy” — negotiated the VH1 deal.

The show had suffered a steady ratings slide until its final episode on Dec. 4, 2015, but had continued to perform well online.

It had featured something of revolving door for fashion stars, with models Janice Dickinson, Kimora Lee Simmons, Twiggy and Vogue editor Andre Leon Tally serving as judges at various points in its long run.
    Other outlets are using this article as their source, so for now this is the only source for the news. We'll see...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: ANTM Possibly Returning on VH-1

I heard about this the other day too. Though I was really ok with the show being cancelled. Nyle winning last season was like the perfect ending. Id be shocked if Janice Dickinson made an appearance on the show again we shall see. I do miss Nigel Barker and Andre Leon tally though I was sad when they left, Kelly Cutrone is the worst
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

Re: ANTM Returning on VH-1 Fall 2016

It's official:

‘America’s Next Top Model’ Confirms Rita Ora As Host; Sets Judges

by Denise Petski
    July 22, 2016 12:03pm

VH1 today confirmed Rita Ora as host of its upcoming reincarnation of America’s Next Top Model with supermodel and body activist Ashley Graham, Paper Magazine Chief Creative Officer Drew Elliott and celebrity stylist and image architect Law Roach serving as judges.

As previously announced, the show’s creator Tyra Banks and Ken Mok will continue as executive producers of the long-running reality competition, with Banks making appearances throughout the season.

VH1 picked up the series after the show ended its 22-cycle run on the CW and its predecessor UPN.

Ora has served as a coach on BBC’s The Voice and a judge on ITV’s The X Factor.

VH1’s America’s Next Top Model premieres this fall.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I might give it a shot. Like The Real World, the early seasons were the best. I will NOT watch if Kelly Cutrone is on, can't stand her!

I dropped ANTM when Tyra dropped Nigel and the Js.

Never say never, but frankly, I do NOT think I'll be checking it out
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'll probably check it out but I don't know if I'll stick with it. I'm kind of over ANTM. I liked it when it was just about the models and photo shoots but I got sick of the phony in-house drama and didn't care for the social media scores.

This show has been circling the drain for so long, if it doesn't make a significant improvement, this will be its last season. Heck, they might even cancel it after a few episodes! Lately, the networks don't even wait a whole season if a show is underperforming. They'll stop airing new episodes and put reruns of another show in its place. I'm not sure if VH-1 does that but they might.
    Current Pools: Big Brother 18
    Upcoming Pools: Dancing With the Stars 23, Project Runway 15, Survivor 33
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I loved the way it finished( with Nyle winning) ..I wont look at this one
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Meh Ill pass.
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

If it casts for actual potential and not for drama, I'm in! This is why I prefer OzNTM.

+ Reply to Thread