+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 21 - Episode Discussion Thread

CCL

Re: ANTM Cycle 21 - Episode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm not impressed with anyone yet, as far as modeling ability goes. Personality-wise, I like Will and Matthew. I'm not impressed with any of the girls in any way. Hopefully, that will change, but this might be the season where a guy wins.

The problem with co-ed cycles is that the show devolves into a fashion version of The Real World. I don't like that show any more, so why would I want to watch Tyra's version of it? This show ceased to even be remotely relevant in the fashion industry (and it was only ever remotely relevant to begin with), but now it's a joke. I'm still watching, but barely.

The other problem with letting men on the show is that we're subjected to lots of versions of Blue Steel in the pictures. Please. It's so over-the-top bad with those male model stares. If I didn't know better, I'd think the guys were joking, but it's clear they aren't.

Adam needs to go, like LAST week. That kid annoys the hell out of me. Him doing push-ups on set while the photographer waited was just embarrassing, not to mention unprofessional.
    Apparently they do push-ups to make their muscles more pronounced. So he was supposed to be doing them though I believe the photographer wanted him to finish already. The photographer even mentioned there was no point in Romeo doing them because of his lack of muscles. But Adam is an idiot anyways.
    Apt comparison to The Real World.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

No, I know why they do push-ups, but we haven't seen any of them doing it and making the photographer wait. It seemed like showboating to me. Maybe it's editing, but Adam is coming off as a cocky frat boy who is less interested in modeling than he is in being on TV.

Count me as one who'd enjoy this show a lot more if Tyra weren't on it anymore. She just gets more and more ridiculous with each season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Ah, I had no idea - my sister told me why they were doing them. I don't think Adam is suffering from the editing. And I've read he's been homophobic in the past so he can go.
    I wonder what the show would like be without Tyra. I've seen the Canadian and Australian versions and they were good. But the American version is so tied in with Tyra that I can't even picture how it would work. Plus I don't think she has anything else - her talk show folded, the music career went nowhere, I don't know what happened with the books. The show is her earner right now.
    Dukie likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Ah, I had no idea - my sister told me why they were doing them. I don't think Adam is suffering from the editing. And I've read he's been homophobic in the past so he can go.
    I wonder what the show would like be without Tyra. I've seen the Canadian and Australian versions and they were good. But the American version is so tied in with Tyra that I can't even picture how it would work. Plus I don't think she has anything else - her talk show folded, the music career went nowhere, I don't know what happened with the books. The show is her earner right now.
    They were, they did show a couple of the others doing push ups. I saw the UK TM, its really cheap looking and the host announced the wrong winner.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was seriously hoping the vacant blonde who missed her flight would have been chosen. I wanted Tyra to shave her head to a buzz cut and dye it brown or black, just to see the ensuing drama. God that would have been fun.

None of these people look like models to me. Adam the frat boy is super annoying and too short. The goth guy Romeo makes me queasy. The one eastern european type girl that is in the middle of all the confrontations is a uber-biaotch.

Glad to see Tyra of the "inner beauty" chooses folks who are not really attractive and have skank personalities as well.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "I suck at life" ~Dan

I was with you, Sweetpea, in hoping that that Barbie girl would stay and get made over. I do think she could have had an interesting, even editorial look with the right makeover.

I'm also with you in thinking this crop doesn't read model to me, they read annoying "reality show contestant"
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

I don't understand why is Tyra encouraging the women to twerk? I guess she didn't get the memo that twerking isn't held in the highest respectable regard. If I were a photographer and caught my model twerking I would think to get a different model because I'd be afraid that she would only give me some stupid photos.

And WHY on earth would she have the models have water dumped directly on their heads. I could see if it were a water shower but it was like BUCKETS of water. Raeline (sp?) is correct about that making the brain think you're drowning! For starters, you can't breathe under water like that!

Okay, OBVIOUSLY they're keeping Adam for drama's sake. He has no business in the competition. He has absolutely no interest in the world of modeling at all.

I wonder why they don't put makeup on the vitalligo woman? After all, he chances of seeing a woman with that condition skipping down the runway is nil to none. It's really hard to judge her photos with her patches. But I do find it quite cool that her patches are symmetric!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I was with you, Sweetpea, in hoping that that Barbie girl would stay and get made over. I do think she could have had an interesting, even editorial look with the right makeover.

I'm also with you in thinking this crop doesn't read model to me, they read annoying "reality show contestant"
    You hit the nail right on the head!

Oh, another silly question: Why on earth would any model have to walk down a catwalk getting sprayed with silly string? It seems almost hideously like public humiliation! Tyra should be sprayed with Silly Cheez for that one.
    Dukie likes this.

Adam is such an idiot. I love how he bragged about getting a 1510 on his SAT's....out of 2400. His math score probably affected his total.
    PLEASE let him go home next week.
    Dukie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread