+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Jourdan is such a sulky sue, but boy in front of a camera she brings it. Jeremy was all broody over her and couldn't focus on modeling . Same for Chris who upset Nina, are they there to win or fall in like/love. Marvin takes gorgeous pictures as does Corey. Phil acts out like a dolt.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Love Cory....great pictures. Phil is an idiot!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Call me crazy, but I loved Jiana's photo. But then, what do I know....

Okay, I'm really going to call shenanigans on this episode.

They do a "models do their own photo shoot" challenge for the "Emerson" line of clothing, with no male clothing in the line. With six male and five female models left to make up three teams, most of the female models end up on the same team.

Tyra stipulates "random acts of modeling" and demonstrates that this means doing "normal" actions in a "modelly" way. Corey responds to this directive by saying their concept is that "he's an alien", gets in drag and strikes drag queen poses in the middle of his team's shots.

Even worse, Phil cuts up one of the designer's originals to "make it better" and gets chewed out by Kelly; then, for no reason, he breaks a fence (on what I think was the designer's own property).

At the photo shoot, the "wardrobe" is again all female: fake nails. At least this one's solo poses-- finally.

But prior to the shoot, the guys start pulling pranks on the girls, and clown-phobic Kanani gets so freaked she has to use an inhaler; she's still stressed at the shoot and isn't focused. Jourdan actually distracts Jeremy so much during his shoot that the photographer calls her out on it in front of Johnny Wujek.

So does any of this get addressed at panel? Nope. not even a finger-wag from Tyra. Corey gets a pass. Jourdan gets a pass.

Kanani, Jeremy and Phil wind up on the chopping block. All three have poor photos and/or erratic track records on bringing the goods. Two let themselves get distracted by others' bad behavior. One actually destroyed property on a shoot and has been established as having behavioral problems due to ADHD.

So, of course, they keep "crazy bad boy" Phil and ignore the "crazy bad" behavior. (I guess it goes with the "wildman biker" look.) And now with the "social media" gimmick, they can blame the fans even though it's obvious that they just want Phil in for the drama he creates-- or Guess has decided they like his look and he'll Saleisha on through FTW. (Or should that be "WTF"?)

And we all knew Kanani was doomed the minute they showed the baby.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 09-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Call me crazy, but I loved Jiana's photo. But then, what do I know....
    You are crazy I liked her photo as well.She could have just lifted a little more and leaned toward the camera. But again, what do I know
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I guess the thing is "in the real world" it doesn't matter if someone scared you the night before or if a girl you have a crush on is talking smack about you five feet away. You have to do the job. And Kanani and Jeremy did not. Plus Kanani is short and Jeremy is rather Abercrombie and Fitch.
    I don't really have anyone I'm rooting for at this point. Jourdan has a lot of positives (height, looks) but I've not warmed to her. I like Jiana I guess.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought Jiana was a little puffy looking, and her anxiety about being the bottom two -was a self fulfilling prophecy. I thought Jourdan's photo was gorgeous, I keep saying she nails and it she does. Renee looks like a young Beverly Johnson, I loved her picture and Nina's. The guys are falling behind regardless of what Phil yells. I think he has something else besides ADHD. Poor Marvin, I didn't except tears from him, he too seems very anxious. I still love Don and Corey, Corey reminds me of someone, I just don't know who.I love his photos though.
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm liking Cory quite a bit now. I like how he looks and I'm preferring him as a contestant to Don, and the margin is quite large, too.
    Coco46 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find Corey very interesting. Marvin seemed extremely immature and fragile last night. Jourdan is probably going to walk away with this thing....either her or Corey. I don't feel attached to either of them, so it doesn't really matter to me. I prefer Corey's personality.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Love Cory, can't stand Jourdan. I bet she wins this, though.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread