+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Is there a location where you can view the pix of the people voted off (as they continue to compete)? I've been unable to find anything.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Don was HILARIOUS, as a woman! He sure does have long arms. Corey did a fine job. I am so sick of Jourdan. She opens her mouth, and all that comes out is, "Me, me, me, me, me!" Never anything else. God forbid anybody tries to talk about something that may relate to themselves....she immediately flips that script back to HER. She is obnoxious.

I love queens! Always have!
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In addition to the first half of the premiere episode, I also missed the "makeovers" episode, so I may have missed them doing this, but--

Other than the modeling session projected on the side of the building (back before the final set was picked, and which was almost over when I tuned in) and the traditional post-makeover shots, have the models done any shoots where they're posing alone?

It seems like they're avoiding it as much as possible, not only putting them in pairs but in groups, even bringing in "extras" like that little "Honey Boo Boo" clone. To me, it really comes across like they don't think any of the guys can do a solo shot, and their weakness will be apparent if they have to pose alone.

And while I also like "queens," I think the show is starting to rely too heavily on them in the absence of Ms. J and Jay Manuel.

I also feel Corey is getting too much focus. While I like him as a person, I don't think he's that strong a model and is just "resting on oddity" (which the show keeps playing to-- the shaved head, the "cenobite" outfit, and next week, apparently wearing a dress in the shoot).

In the commercial, Corey should've been the one male model to come across as a reasonably convincing female, but instead just fell back on drag show mannerisms and seemed totally artificial. Johnny Wujek called him on it during the shoot (though he didn't direct him to stop, apparently) and I think it's telling that the panel didn't also call him on it.

I actually found Corey the least convincing "girl" in the bunch; even though the others were obviously hairy and broad-shouldered, they kept the performances within a more reasonable "feminine" range for the most part (though a few of them overdid the kiss and went too campy). Also, Corey's makeup should have been toned way down from what it was, and probably played a part in bringing down his performance in my eyes. Since they showed he does drag shows with basically the same look, I suspect he either did his own makeup or got to have input.

OTOH, most of the girls were terrible as "guys", and putting the real guys in heels didn't help sell it. And someone should've called the "surfer dude" out for characterization being off.
    Last edited by SurrnderDorothy; 09-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.

CCL

No, I think they've all been in groups. But that's not that unusual -a lot of editorials and ads feature more than one model. Some of the upcoming shoots are solos, however.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought Chris and Don looked very pretty Corey was OTT. Plus he's done drag and he looked like that's all he knew .I just love Corey though. Jourdan is such a bore, I cant recall most girls, they are so vanilla- I am liking it so far with the guys
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Jourdan's trying to play the sob story card, isn't she?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I'm watching the episoe now.

I love drag shoots. Especially female to male, if done well.

Shouldn't they have shaved the guys?

I guess it was just me, but I found the whole fake commercial for a non-existent Top Model product just ridiculous. So OTT and cheesy. I just can't figure out why they won't just shoot editorial photos of these people, or at the very least do some Calvin Klein inspired shoots with maybe two guys and and girl. Something, anything, that doesn't look so low-budget and pathetic.

How hard is it to just put pretty people in pretty clothes and take photos of them??!
    ClosetRTWatcher and Coco46 like this.

An I the only one that funds this new format confusing? I tuned out part way through the College season. This season they're finally doing what I've wanted them to do for years by including boys but am disappointed to find that they're still doing it this new weird way. I like the old format where they had a panel of judges who know about the business as opposed to including fans of whom the majority know nothing about modeling. I'm not a modeling and know nothing about it so other than judging from my own home I don't think I'm qualified for my own opinions to be part of their judging and factor into whether they stay in the competition or not.

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am loving the nail art photo's - Love love love! Especially when they showed Tyra's that were feathers
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread