+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Dave Grohl is my rock star boyfriend and I think Mike looked like a Young Dave <3 I am kind of sad that he didn't do better or respond better to the instruction what little there was.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I liked this episode, except for Mike going( bet he is voted back) and I don't think he will go back to serving ice cream, somebody has seen that face
    Some of the trailer park photos ware excellent. Jourdan in front of the camera is so different, I love it when that happens. I am not keen on Chris, his face is kinda mushy. I am also not that keen on Marvin, but he has superb cheekbones and a chiseled face, that really screams model. No clear winner for me yet
    DARtheSTAR likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't like Mike at all, so I'm glad he went home. Am I the only one who hates Phil's weave? The texture of it looks like a wet dog to me, yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The social media thing is bad because it again gives the public power.
    I guess I have a different view of the social media thing. Don't get me wrong, I completely hate it and think they should ditch it immediately. However, I think the judges know up front what the social media score is and use it to manipulate their own votes so the person they want out still gets eliminated. I know they imply that they don't know, but have they actually said on the show that they don't know what the social media scores are going to be ahead of time?

I have to admit that I have come to the point with this show where I fast forward in a sloppy manner and don't bother to back up if I overrun after a commercial, so I'm sure that I miss stuff here and there.
    Duckyface likes this.

Originally Posted by aname2

I absolutely agree with the expectation that these non-models would just know what to do when photographed. Maybe a little hint or direction ahead of the shoot would help. Yeah, Mr. J especially is missed. He actually told the models what was expected. The guy mentoring now has no clue how to mentor - just to tell what they did wrong after the fact. Hate the social media c**p. It's awful. I liked it when they had the panel and discussed the photos with people who knew what to look for rather than an egotistical ex-model who is so into herself she has no interest in helping anyone, a handsome male model who has no clue how to mentor or anything else except look pretty, and a woman who is so jealous of other females, she can't stand to say anything nice to them. And . . the flickering is just stupid. Since my favorite guy got eliminated, I think I'm done with this season.
    Based on comments made back when we used to get exit interviews from the contestants, they used to do more training and coaching than we saw on the shows.

I have no idea whether that's been dropped altogether and they're just chucking pretty faces off the edge of the roof and expecting them to fly, but I suspect they've just eliminated any footage of training sessions (other than the occasional "teach" session from Tyra) to make more room for the social media nonsense.

I'd much rather see actual pointers being given than selfcam footage of some pudgy viewer screeching words of encouragement to his/her fave, but I guess Tyra has to bolster the idea that a sizable audience is still avidly following ANTM a decade later.

And while I badly miss the original panel judging, I think it's a little harsh and unfair to suggest that Kelly Cutrone is "so jealous of other females, she can't stand to say anything nice to them." She seems in interviews I've read to be very comfortable with her own looks and actually seems to be uncomfortable with fixing herself up for the show. She's definitely not a "coddler" with the contestants, but she's giving them useful criticism and preparing them early for what they're actually going to face in the real world. Nobody's going to tell these girls/guys on a go-see why they didn't get the booking and what they need to "fix"-- they're just going to say "no" and look past them.

But I agree on the stupid "flixel" gimmick-- and it looks like we're pretty much unanimous in here on that.

And while I hate to even bring this up, I missed the first half of the cycle premiere both times-- did P'Trique make an appearance? Is it possible that Tyra listened and ditched him?

I hate Phil's weave too. It looks messy, in a bad way, fake and in the back it's separated and very bizarre looking.

I'm sure that even if they don't know the exact social media score, they know enough to use their scores to keep who they want. Sometimes the scores do not go with the critiques at all, but if it's someone they want to keep they will give them whatever score they need to.

This weeks shoot was at least interesting and there were some actual good photos that came out of it. Maybe I'm just getting used to it, but the motion thing didn't seem quite as intrusive this week, although I still hate it with a passion.

Having been over a month away on holidays, I'm finally getting caught up on some shows. So, my thoughts so far are:

Why does this show have to seem so low-budget and gimmicky? I'm also watching AUNTM and it is head and shoulders above Tyra's ridiculous show. The shoots, the styling, the challenges, the contestants all scream real modelling. The photos, as a result, turn out amazing, with no stupid flixel to be found. Honestly, it's not that hard when you back away from the stupidity and focus on the modelling. For heaven's sake, teach these people what to do!!

I don't mind her having men on this season though. Takes away from the cattiness that usually pervades the house when it is all women. I don't have a favourite, they all seem meh to me. I do like the quirky girl though, but there is no way she is winning this.

Why do they insist on setting these folks up to fail? The "fashion show" down the side of a building? The spinning runway? For Heaven's sake, someone will get seriously injured at some point. It doesn't work, it's stupid, and it's kind of cheap and tacky.

Tyra needs to take a closer look at how her show is produced in other countries and then re-focus. Keep the guys, but make it more about actually producing models than about being a gimmicky reality show!
    Coco46 likes this.

UKTM is really cheap and the host announced the wrong winner once :LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with a post above, that the house seems less catty and it's much more enjoyable. I didn't post after makeovers, felt really bad for Corey being shaved bald. I liked his hair and his eyes are great. The turntable runway show, he kinda looked like a HellRaiser Cenobite. That said, I still like him and he rocks the bald look as much as it can be rocked, for me. Loved the back and forth with Rob and Tyra - "He looks like a man;" "He IS a man, you mean he looks straight..."

I'm over Jourdan and her marriage, too. I get that she "related" to what Chris H was talking about with his upbringing but somehow, it's very different to me, being abused by someone you personally chose vs. being abandoned by your mother. Didn't think she was the best photo.

Too funny, I was wondering about P'trique, as well, and kept trying to figure out if the was the wolfman who came in for the manscaping. I guess that's too much of a stretch.

Well, as much as I dislike Marvin's looks, he just got a lot of brownie points for his attitude towards <shudder> Perez Hilton! He was willing to risk a lower score & speak his opinion & I respect that!
    ClosetRTWatcher and Coco46 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Tyra's wig was ugly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread