+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

I like the F3, Corey was acting like a bit of a Diva this week. Something irked me( just a little) but the other two have their sob stories, so why not. Runway next week, hmm wonder who is good at that

I like that the judges disagree you can tell Rob dislikes Kelly.
    wannasee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Just caught Friday's episode online. Yay! Renee went home at last. Now if they'll just take out her little boyfriend too. But he will probably win, even though to me, he looks like a monkey. So did Renee. They both reminded me of monkeys. Maybe I don't see so well anymore, but Renee's face always looked sleepy and/or blank to me. She didn't have anything about her that screamed "model". She was sort of stupid too. Maybe dull would be a kinder word. I don't think any of these people are very mature or wise, but then I guess it's their ages. I guess I don't care to see anymore men on the show because the vibe in the house was so different with them. And we soon found out that young men this age are now just as gossipy, self-pitying, and arrogant as the girls are on their own. I can't handle it with both sexes competing against one another. As somebody said earlier, it's just too much of an apples vs. oranges kind of thing for me. The waters get muddy. I'm guessing though that since this voting format has been on two cycles now it's here to stay. I will never be happy about that.

As I age, as we all must do lest we die, the girls seem younger and younger to me. And with the men included, that generation seems sillier and stupider than ever. Could I be outgrowing one of my favorite shows? (although I must admit I loved to hate it more than anything else, lol). No. I will still take delight in watching marathons of older cycles, but I think I won't be paying much attention in real time to these newly formatted madnesses of Tyra the Great.

(eta: Jourdan for the win, just because she seems more like a model to me than the others and I would not like it if a man won.)
    Last edited by lilymax; 11-03-2013 at 07:38 AM.

I didn't have any favorites in the final five, but Chris and Renee were both sliding so badly that their elimination was appropriate, and really came a week or two late. I think there's some basic raw material in both that could be groomed into good models if they stick with it and get the right guidance, but right now they're both too hit-and-miss.

As for the F3-- Marvin is really the weakest of the three overall, and IMO should've been cut weeks ago. He has a face that's interesting from one angle, but it's the same face all the time, and his posing is erratic to the point that he seems to have no real idea what he's doing (most of the guys suffered from this). His walking is weak, but they carefully have avoided showing much that isn't "fear factor walking".

Cory is interesting and has more modelling skill, but I agree with Rob totally. It isn't "hating on Cory" to point out that his androgyny limits his potential for work, and that he should work to overcome it and be able to project "masculinity" (and that's actually "traditional masculinity") when a shoot or a designer calls for it. I wanted to see both from him this cycle; instead, it seemed as if all the shoots were tailored towards the girls and Cory, and the other guys had to struggle with reading "manly" through female clothing, face paint and fake nails.

And then there's Jourdan. I think a lot of her work has been overpraised and didn't deserve top photo, but she's attractive and a basically good model. Her photos have been consistently good to very good, with only a few clunkers (like the orangoutan shot); even though she didn't book any shows (like Marvin) her walk was deemed "too" good. She's overall the best remaining, but she somehow lacks a "wow" factor and, because of that, I doubt she'd get this far against different competitors in a different cycle.

So-- I'm guessing either Marvin or Cory will win, depending on what happens in the final shoot(s) and runway show (and whatever that special announcement Tyra makes turns out to be).

I love how during the exercise competition Renee is making fun of Jourdan and saying she was over dramatic, then she can't handle the bat stuff lol Be careful of how you treat other people it will come back to bite you!
    Coco46 and wannasee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I love how during the exercise competition Renee is making fun of Jourdan and saying she was over dramatic, then she can't handle the bat stuff lol Be careful of how you treat other people it will come back to bite you!
    Yes, that amused me as well
    -Andy Rooney-

And notice how the exercise challenge got postponed until after Nina's elimination.

Seriously? No comments yet?
    I can't decide who I think gets nuked....all in all, Jourdan's pic was the worst, I think. She's a great runway model, though.

I am thinking its Corey I liked Marvin's Guess photos
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Yeah, I'm thinking it's Corey, too. Marvin will probably win.

The support crew, or whatever they were called, thing was silly.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Jourdan is the biggest sob story this show has ever seen. She probably brought up her marriage every episode. I really hope she doesn't win.
    Coco46 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread