+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 224
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

  1. #11
    FORT Regular sunshine3331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    140

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ah, okay.It's just Thursday says one hour and this was two
    They're repeating Part 2 (the 2nd. hour).
    Last edited by sunshine3331; 08-04-2013 at 07:34 AM.

  2. #12
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine3331 View Post
    They're repeating Part 2 (the 2nd. hour).
    Mine say Football in the time slot ANTM is on Friday- I guess I will keep an eye on it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #13
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    I don't care that much about any that they picked. The girls are okay. The guys are okay. No raving beauties on either side. My favorite - Ice Cream guy for the win. None of the girls IMO should win. My favorite girl is the odd looking one - but a model? No way!! They are all giants (the short guy is 5 ft. 10-1/4). Why did they pick a very feminine guy. He's not competing with the women is he? From the way he talks, he thinks he is. Sorry, I like to look at guys who act and look like guys. I guess the androgenous look is back. I didn't like it in the 70's when it was popular and I don't like it now.

  4. #14
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I don't care that much about any that they picked. The girls are okay. The guys are okay. No raving beauties on either side. My favorite - Ice Cream guy for the win. None of the girls IMO should win. My favorite girl is the odd looking one - but a model? No way!! They are all giants (the short guy is 5 ft. 10-1/4). Why did they pick a very feminine guy. He's not competing with the women is he? From the way he talks, he thinks he is. Sorry, I like to look at guys who act and look like guys. I guess the androgenous look is back. I didn't like it in the 70's when it was popular and I don't like it now.
    Female contestants in the past have been told they look a bit masculine (like one of my favorites, Dominique, was repeatedly compared to a drag queen). So it's not new.

    I have no problem with androgyny.
    tbamom likes this.

  5. #15
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Female contestants in the past have been told they look a bit masculine (like one of my favorites, Dominique, was repeatedly compared to a drag queen). So it's not new.

    I have no problem with androgyny.
    No, I don't either. Its not back, its never gone away
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #16
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    So right now I'm in the first hour of the show.

    To answer my own question about Don, yes he is.

    I also like Phil, Kanani, Chris S., and Cory so far.


    Not to make an early judgement or anything, but I think I'll be rooting for a guy to win this season.

  7. #17
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    The one thing that annoys me so far is how certain contestants' sob stories are being repeated over and over.

    So far we've heard like three or four times how Jourdan got married and divorced at 18 and how Marvin's dad is a janitor. Once is enough.

  8. #18
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The one thing that annoys me so far is how certain contestants' sob stories are being repeated over and over.

    So far we've heard like three or four times how Jourdan got married and divorced at 18 and how Marvin's dad is a janitor. Once is enough.
    I thought that was hilarious. Jourdan was married and divorced at 18, but that made her the person she is today-okay then
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #19
    Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,834

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    I didn't think Virgg was fierce at all- I am sorta glad she dropped out
    I actually forgot I read this, until I actually watched her quit in the episode.

    But I knew from the start she wasn't in the final sixteen, which kind of surprised me, since the judges have a history of liking unique.

    Maybe we'll see her again after her transition. How long did she say it took, a year?

  10. #20
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I actually forgot I read this, until I actually watched her quit in the episode.

    But I knew from the start she wasn't in the final sixteen, which kind of surprised me, since the judges have a history of liking unique.

    Maybe we'll see her again after her transition. How long did she say it took, a year?
    She said the hormones she was taking made her sick, and took herself out.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.