+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

I haven't seen an ad, but at the end of the last few episodes, there's been a voiceover with Tyra announcing casting for the next cycle, urging gals and guys who think they've got what it takes to go to the website and submit.

If they're just announcing this casting now, when would C21 run? Next spring? Or has CW relegated ANTM to "end of summer/jumpstart on new fall season" filler, rather than putting it against other networks' programming?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Nina and Jeremy were eliminated.

Not happy Nina's gone.

Jourdan won another shoot. Ugh.

At this point Cory's the only one I like.

Well, Marvin's okay, I guess. Judge Kelly has an obsessive bias for Chris so I hope he loses.

I can't believe that Chris stayed over Nina. I don't see "Model" in Chris at all. Kelly is blind as a bat IMO! Cory for the win.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I was rooting for Nina, it's a shame she's gone. At this point I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Chris -- he annoys me and he so needs to grow up. Don't think he could handle the modeling business -- plus his photos are so wooden.
    Coco46 likes this.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Actually, I'm pretty sure Kelly slammed Chris' photo this week, thtough I can't remember what she said. It was kind of obvious after the Tyra "Dr. Phil house call" segment where she established that it's "Chris vs. the entire house, even former friends Nina and Jeremy" that there would be exactly the elimination there was.

I also knew after Tyra's visit with Jeremy, where she said he had to overcome the stigma of being what they've otherwise dubbed "bodylicious" in order to be "high fashion" (because Guess is the most haute of couture ) that he was going home-- especially when they handed him that prop. Yep, bare a model's arms, then make him pose with a pole he has to balance by raising both arms in a biceps-flexing position, then axe him for being too muscular. Shenanigans. If the shoot required props, they should've given him something he could've reasonably been able to position in a way to minimize his muscularity; at least then it would've been fair to axe him if he was still "resting on beefcake".

I'm also shocked Nina went home. IMO she's got more potential than Jourdan and Renee, who are both beautiful and competent models (mostly), but aren't memorable. Nina has a face that can make you stop when you're paging through a magazine or casting book; her parade of exit head shots were (again IMO) the best of any contestant leaving so far. After the last two weeks, I thought she was moving up FTW, but I hope she'll follow in the footsteps of Elyse and Mollie Sue and several others, and get more work than whoever wins this cycle.

As for the five remaining models-- meh. They're all reasonably good models on about an equal footing, with about an equal probability of producing a hit or a dud shot-- but all seem to have been kept in just to maximize the "Big Brother house" dynamic.

At this point, I don't really care. Just throw a dart and pick whoever gets hit.
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrnderDorothy View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Kelly slammed Chris' photo this week, thtough I can't remember what she said. It was kind of obvious after the Tyra "Dr. Phil house call" segment where she established that it's "Chris vs. the entire house, even former friends Nina and Jeremy" that there would be exactly the elimination there was.

I also knew after Tyra's visit with Jeremy, where she said he had to overcome the stigma of being what they've otherwise dubbed "bodylicious" in order to be "high fashion" (because Guess is the most haute of couture ) that he was going home-- especially when they handed him that prop. Yep, bare a model's arms, then make him pose with a pole he has to balance by raising both arms in a biceps-flexing position, then axe him for being too muscular. Shenanigans. If the shoot required props, they should've given him something he could've reasonably been able to position in a way to minimize his muscularity; at least then it would've been fair to axe him if he was still "resting on beefcake".

I'm also shocked Nina went home. IMO she's got more potential than Jourdan and Renee, who are both beautiful and competent models (mostly), but aren't memorable. Nina has a face that can make you stop when you're paging through a magazine or casting book; her parade of exit head shots were (again IMO) the best of any contestant leaving so far. After the last two weeks, I thought she was moving up FTW, but I hope she'll follow in the footsteps of Elyse and Mollie Sue and several others, and get more work than whoever wins this cycle.

As for the five remaining models-- meh. They're all reasonably good models on about an equal footing, with about an equal probability of producing a hit or a dud shot-- but all seem to have been kept in just to maximize the "Big Brother house" dynamic.

At this point, I don't really care. Just throw a dart and pick whoever gets hit.
    I totally agree about Nina. I still have a favorite on the show and that is Cory. He can model and seems to be the most mature of all of them.

I think Jourdan and Corey will be the F2. But then I have been wrong every week.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

I see a model in Chris. But he is his own worst enemy. Though it was majorly ironic that Jourdan was complaining about him going on about his sob story all the time when all we hear from her every week is about her failed marriage at 18.
    And I'm calling those two for final two. Then again, Jez is the photographer again next week, so Chris will probably get all annoying again at the shoot and get booted.

I was surprised that Nina went home. Renee should have gone ahead of her. They probably kept her for the romance storyline. Not surprised Jeremy was voted out. I think he should ignore Tyra and go the fitness or commercial modelling route.

Marnee. *Insert eye-rolling here.*
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I want both Renee and Jourdan gone, as well as Chris. He should have been gone weeks ago. That leaves Marvin and Cory. I want Cory to win. He has the most interesting face features. Agree that Jeremy should ignore Tyra and use those great muscles in sports modeling.

FORT Fogey

WHY is Chris still there? Nina was WAY more interesting, dedicated with potential than Chris!!
    Coco46 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread