+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    So Don's gone. Too bad.

My F3 pick at this point is Cory, Nina, and either Chris or Renee. I want Jourdan gone.
    I liked the way Don stayed out of all the cr@p that went on. He sees like a nice guy, and his close up pictures they showed at the end, were really good I hope he doesn't give up on modelling- I don't care who wins
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am no Chris fan. His mouth reminds me of a cartoon character I used to get up to watch as a child.....Clutch Cargo. Chris's lips look like they are sticking through a Halloween mask! They look like they are under pressure!
    Kocky_Kamikaze and DevilTwin like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Not a Chris fan either.
    I was thinking about Jourdan, and even though she has an awful edit( and likely not much to work with), there is one thing I liked about her . They are in Bali, she is loving it all, I was like that in Hawaii, I thought I was in paradise. She seemed to be the only one taking it in. Corey was a snot. She also seems very focused, and not laying in bed with starving Marvin
    DevilTwin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I can't say I find any of these people very interesting. I can't remember the names of the guys to tell them apart except for Marvin. And I can't stand him. Him or Renee. I would be happy to see both of them go home. Soon. He can't model, and her attitude is nasty AND her modeling isn't great. I don't find either one very attractive. I wish Marvin had gone this time, as I think the other guy was ok, and he was cute. Lol. The favoritism of the judges is finally out in the open with this voting style, and I have never liked it when the public got to vote on this type of thing. It doesn't make sense to me.

I will probably watch again next cycle, even if it's just going to the website after episodes have shown on regular tv. Just because there isn't much to do sometimes and not much on television to watch. I'm also shamefully addicted to this dumb show. I miss the old format though, I love watching old cycle marathons in the daytime. I miss the good old days before it became such a production. It was better before Tyra's maniacal ego took complete control over her common sense. I miss Nigel and the Jays. And I didn't even particularly like Nigel, lol. I can't explain it, but having men on the show just takes something away from it for me. It isn't that I don't like change, but I don't like the ones this show has made. I had a feeling around the time they put that Leon TallyWhacker freak in as a judge that the show would never be the same.
    sunshine3331 and Duckyface like this.

I enjoyed the earlier seasons a lot. Then I watched it with the sound off. Now? I will catch an occasional episode on TV or online, but mostly I read about it here. I don't like the direction the show has gone and the casting for characters and doing stunt photo shoots.

I know. The photo shoots are really bad now aren't they? They always were a bit outrageous but never more so than now.

I hate the stunt runway challenges even more than the stunt photo shoots. I thought walking down the side of the building was dumb, but they topped even that with walking underwater. UGH, just given them a standard runway so we can see if they have a decent walk, and if they are improving on their walk throughout the course of the competition!!

I was bummed that they eliminated Dom. I don't think I really like anyone that is left, except maybe the redhead. Although I don't really care for her look "in person", she takes pretty amazing photos. She also seems like a genuinely nice person.
    Duckyface likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We've been calling this guy "Dom" all of the time. Is his name Dom or Don? On the last show it was "Don". Either name is nice, I guess, but I'd sure like to know which one it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    We've been calling this guy "Dom" all of the time. Is his name Dom or Don? On the last show it was "Don". Either name is nice, I guess, but I'd sure like to know which one it is.
    Don
    -Andy Rooney-

Big dittoes to pretty much everything lilymax said!

I had to timeshift and only got to watch last night. Great example of how the show's gone downhill, and why the judging's such a joke. I'm sorry, but it's gotten glaringly obvious the prize provider(s) pick the winner early and everything else is just reality TV nonsense until we get there.

The underwater runway challenge was a joke. Yeah, like any designer is really going to bother to do that-- the diving helmets are too distracting from your product, there's a built-in failure factor you're lucky if you overcome-- and most importantly, who's the audience for this runway? Fish?

The TV listing for our local paper got it wrong and described it as an underwater swimsuit photo shoot, which would've been more interesting (maybe shot through the glass wall of some sort of aquarium, with a great natural background and tropical fish and models surfacing to catch a breath between shots). But, no, just another episode of "Fear Factor Runway" nonsense.

And predictably, we get the big drama of Nina's (understandable) physical limitation keeping her from doing something a model's not going to be asked to do, capped by the edit including the swimsuit designer hissing to Johnny W, "I'd never book her". Then all through the photo shoot where she's turning out good modeling, they tell her she's losing the snake-- capped by Johnny W announcing "I don't think we got one usable shot". And who gets "photo of the week" after all that? Yep.

I'm calling BIG shenanigans on the whole "the snake's head keeps going out of frame" thing. If you're an "experienced animal photographer" like this dame was presented-- hell, if you've ever shot a live animal even ONCE before-- you know what you do? You freaking widen your frame so it doesn't matter if the snake goes a little wide. If the snake gets camera-shy and doesn't keep its head in every shot, there's this little thing called Photoshop-- which they constantly use on thos show.

Similarly, if you're going portrait (vertical) with your shots rather than landscape (horizontal), maybe TELL the model you're going to lose his lower body if he doesn't change position, instead of saying "great shot, Jeremy" over and over-- then cropping his legs out of shot and blaming him for it. And what happened to the color in Jeremy's shot? It's obvious that they led him to think he had best pic to get backstage drama, then shot him down at panel by pulling out a badly composed, color-desaturated photo.

Another thing I find annoying-- you've got "Miss Serena Starr" in this thing and constantly praise him for his "androgyny". Then you slap drag queen makeup on all the "guy guys" and screech "Siegfried & Roy" at them if they look "too feminine" as a result? They even do this on the guys' posing when they're not "dragged up"-- like saying Jeremy looked too "feminine" when he was posing underwater.

[rant] Is "androgyny" only good if it's the one string on your banjo and they make you look as "drag queen out of makeup" as possible with your makeover? (Or could they not afford a full-price airline ticket, so Corey's eyebrows could make the trip to Bali with the rest of his face?) Tyra needs to realize that there's a certain point where "celebrating diversity by giving visibility to sexual minorities" becomes objectifying those same minorities in a very "Stepin Fetchit"/"Amos & Andy" way. And the judging panel comments, IMNSHO, show what side of that line they've gotten to. [/rant]

Oh, well, at least they got all the guys-- including Johnny W-- shirtless. Johnny W should be forbidden to wear a shirt on the shoots.
    Duckyface likes this.

+ Reply to Thread