+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

Re: ANTM Cycle 20: Guys & Girls Episode Discussion Thread

I cant get over how shaky Phil was. I do hope he comes back. I agree with Critical it looks like a dead animal on his head. Jourdan is painfully blah, she has a lovely smile, that we seldom see it- she is way way too serious .OTOH I loved Nina's photo, that colour on her was gorgeous, she has these huge innocent eyes. I guess I like Chris, something about him bugs me
    Renee really has a great walk, she sort of owns the runway, but after the giggling, the eye rolls & the snarky comments, that puts me off her winning.
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm really surprised the "eliminated model returns" were so soon, and that there's going to be two, one male/one female.

I really thought it would get down to five models, then one returns for the traditional traveling six-pack. But now there's going to be nine still in the running-- four girls, five guys-- when they leave for Bali? I guess there'll be double eliminations ahead until we reach F3.

I really wanted Kanani back, but I guess her face can't overcome the double whammy of "short PLUS mother of a toddler". Alex[whatever] must've done well after elimination, because I remember being surprised she was cut so soon-- but it bothers me that I can't remember her well enough to keep her name straight.

As for the returning guy, I think it's probably Phil, with a new look for the trip. I'd much rather it were Jeremy, but the previews seemed to show surprise by the others at who was going, and I think they would react that way most for Phil ("He's still going after all that?"), second most for Mike ("They said he totally sucked as a model and he's still going?"). Jeremy would just probably be greeted with relief, since he's non-confrontational and the others don't consider him strong competition.

However, I have a feeling Bali = tropics/shirtless posing, and Jeremy would be good for that. Plus, the little flashes of his post-elimination work seemed to show a couple of strong shots.

OTOH, previews almost always lie and I'm almost always wrong on my predictions.

I really wanted Kanani back as well. She was devastated when she left. Phil, while I think he is quite sexy, other than the ADHD, is something else wrong with him?
    NFL1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I really wanted Kanani back as well. She was devastated when she left. Phil, while I think he is quite sexy, other than the ADHD, is something else wrong with him?
    Just a smart alec. And someone please take those extentions out or show him how to style his hair!

It seemed that Phil was more upset once he found out the others would be going to Bali.

I can't stand Phil's hair extensions, ugh. Not an attractive look at all. I thought for sure he would be sent home the week he broke the fence on the photo shoot... just for that idiotic move.

I'd much rather see Mike the Ice Cream Man come back into the competition .

He was pretty upset before that. He was shaking in the bottom 2, and he cried when he got the boot.
    -Andy Rooney-

I wonder how much "personality" plays in all this? It would seem like certain people on ANTM come across as so much of a "handful" that you figure modeling agencies and clients just don't have the time to deal with it.

I know that back when Cover Girl was the main sponsor on ANTM and everything revolved around "MLAACG" commercial spots, conjecture and debate on this forum was heavy over whether certain models' behavior had killed their chances-- "She peed in that diaper! She'll never work in this industry!" "She was a stripper before she appeared on ANTM! She can forget about modeling!"

But now the "client" providing the big modeling assignment prize for the winner is Guess, which once had as its big "discovery"/signature model (after Claudia Schiffer) the late great Anna Nicole Smith, whose gravestone probably has "Human Train Wreck" below her name.

So if Guess can wrap a major campaign around ANS, I think it's all going to come down to who's got whatever "look" Marciano wants to put in his ads for whatever period of time fulfills the deal with ANTM, and "personality" and actual modeling skills don't really matter.

(Yeah, I know Next is in there, too-- but I think that if they get stuck with what they feel is a "dud," they can just shelve the winner for the period of the ANTM deal after shooting a set of photos for her/his "book".)

I think they all have personality, even vanilla Jourdan. It's edited the way it is, because they want drama, they want the dull girl but pretty girl, the bey-otch, male or female. So far Corey has sort of remained out of all that, he has had a good edit. Hope it stays that way

Next week it says- never before scenes, why is that I wonder
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think they all have personality, even vanilla Jourdan. It's edited the way it is, because they want drama, they want the dull girl but pretty girl, the bey-otch, male or female. So far Corey has sort of remained out of all that, he has had a good edit. Hope it stays that way

Next week it says- never before scenes, why is that I wonder
    I think that in the past it has been common for them to do a re-cap show with "never seen before" footage as the episode before they leave for the new location.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I think that in the past it has been common for them to do a re-cap show with "never seen before" footage as the episode before they leave for the new location.
    So we wont see who comes back then? dang! I forgot they were going to the new location
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread